Txan tìlor?

Started by Vawm tsamsiyu, June 10, 2010, 11:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawm tsamsiyu

Could you use txan tìlor (much beauty) to say beautiful?  If so how would I call someone/thing beautiful?
Would Say x IS beautiful or x HAS much beauty? I haven't seen a word for have but that doesn't mean it's not there.
Anyway if you can tell me which would be best or if there is a word for beautiful that I missed please point that out :D
irayo
they killed the [you] tag

MIPP

Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on June 10, 2010, 11:07:13 AM
Could you use txan tìlor (much beauty) to say beautiful?  If so how would I call someone/thing beautiful?
Would Say x IS beautiful or x HAS much beauty? I haven't seen a word for have but that doesn't mean it's not there.
Anyway if you can tell me which would be best or if there is a word for beautiful that I missed please point that out :D
irayo

There's a word which literally means beautiful. It is sevin.
About the sentence, i would say:

Nga sevin lu

Only a note: If you are talking of a person you use sevin. If you are talking about a "thing", then you use lor. Finally, if you are talking about about a food which is appealing, you use pxasul.
Na'vi for beginners | Dict-Na'vi.com

Hufwe lìng io pay, nìfnu slä nìlaw.
Loveless, Act IV.

omängum fra'uti

I suppose if you're a thanator you could say to someone "Nga lu pxasul" instead of "nga lu sevin"  ;D

As far as "have", there is no word, but the concept still exists.  Look at the stickied "Na'vi phrases and idioms" thread for that and some other useful things to know about common phrases.  Some languages do indeed say "You have X" rather than "You are X" when describing someone.  Na'vi seems to do that some times, but for cases where the X is a noun, not an adjective.

If you wanted to say someone is VERY beautiful you could say "Nga lu sevin nìtxan".
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Vawm tsamsiyu

I got off track when I saw a word for beauty and pretty since beautiful is higher up than pretty but kless we get an actual word for buautiful I'll stick with Sevin

Irayo  :D
they killed the [you] tag