Can somebody translate this for a project?

Started by Crysis nerd, December 27, 2011, 09:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crysis nerd

Hi Learning Navi community,

I really admire your work here and your language learning skill. I have a little problem, maybe you can help me.
My mother, german-teacher, want a cool introduction in the topic "languages". So she says "lets translate a introduction text in many different languages". My additional idea was to translate it in Na´vi too. My mother really likes this idea, but here is the problem: I can´t learn languages. Maybe you noticed this fact, cause I´m speaking englisch really terrible, and this is my only foreign language! I tried to learn Na´vi a year ago for some months, but it´s seems impossible for me.
My question: Can anybody translate a text for me? It´s a short text, about 4 sentence.

It would be really cool, because Na´vi in school-lessons is cool ;)

I´m waiting for your answers :P

Lukas

Kamean

It's very interesting. But I must warn you in Na'vi may not be necessary words. Post your text here, then it will be clear whether it can be translated. :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Plumps

If you don't want to go via another language, you can post either in the German sub-boards or directly to me via PM. We'll see what we can do with these four sentences. ;)

Wenn du nicht den Weg über eine weitere Fremdsprache gehen möchtest, kannst du den Text auch gleich im deutschen Unterforum posten, oder direkt an mich über PM. Wir werden sehen, was wir aus den vier Sätzen machen können ;)

Crysis nerd

Thanks for responsing!

I sended "Plumps" the text in German, and I hope, he tries to translate it :)

If you (Kamean) want to translate it too, here is my German_To_Englisch Translation:
I learned you graduate your finals this year 2012. I wish you every success for this important exam and also have fun in your German classes.
ich grüße Sie,
die Schülerinnen und Schüler des Leistungskurses Deutsch der Jahrgangstufe 13 ganz herzlich.
Wie ich erfahren habe, machen Sie in diesem Jahr 2012 Abitur. Ich wünsche Ihnen für diese wichtige Prüfung viel Erfolg und außerdem viel Spaß bei ihrem Deutschunterricht.

EDIT: Feel free to use other words. It just must have a similar meaning.. cause I know not every word exist in Na´vi.

Thank you so far :)

Lukas

PS: This smileys are nice :)  ;D :D

Plumps

My approach...

trr lefpom,
oe kaltxì suyi nìprrte' ayngengaru alu aynumeyu sänumeyä leToitsye a mì zìsìt avomrrve.
(alternatively, seiyi and ayngaru instead of the more ceremonial forms)
nìawnomum, fìzìsìt layu ayngeyä pum ator numtsengä.
fìtìfmetokìri letsranten, sìlpey oe tsnì aynga flìyevä ulte sänume leToitsye ayngaru prrte' livu.

Could be that somebody else comes up with something completely different :)

Ma Crysis, I noticed that I used only *aynume in the first sentence in the translation I gave you. It has to be aynumeyu (learners, students), sorry for that mistake.

Ma Crisis, mir ist gerade aufgefallen, daß ich *aynume (keine Bedeutung) anstatt aynumeyu (Lernende, d.h. Schüler) in der Übersetzung benutzt habe, die ich dir geschickt habe. Es muß aynumeyu sein, entschuldige diesen Ausrutscher.

Crysis nerd

I just want to say THANKS to the user Plumps.
He helped me to spell the text, too.

So: You are a wonderful community! It´s really awesome, what you all have build here.. very cool.

Just Thanks!

Lukas :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Good, Lukas. I hope you can stick around and participate. We all have a lot of fun here....and learn something in the process!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Crysis nerd

I just wanna report the reaction of the students:

First they don´t realized whats going on. They all were confused until my mother (teacher) asked them, what the last language was. After watching the short movie again, they understand, what it means and were really amused :)
I think they like this little video as introduction to the topic.

Thank you again for help and being awesome :D

Good day,

Lukas

Plumps

Glad to hear that they showed a positive reaction :D
If it shows something at all then that languages can be a lot of fun :)