Vocabulary list?

Started by Ikrantu, February 22, 2016, 08:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikrantu

Im looking for a vocabulary list by type, preferarbly a spreadsheet, but it dont matter. I want a lists of nouns, verbs and adjectives and such separated, so that i can practice forming sentences.

Vawmataw

I wanted to give you this link, but I didn't find it. Where did you?
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Vawmataw on February 23, 2016, 04:08:17 PM
Website info - Dictionary thread - first post:
Quote from: Tirea Aean on May 23, 2011, 11:59:18 AM
This is the most complete dictionary we currently have which is downloadable: the other is in the Wiki. There will inevitably be errors. They are updated very frequently

English:

The Na'vi Dictionary Complete.

The Concise Na'vi Dictionary Without Derivations and some Appendices

The Na'vi Dictionary Categorised by Part of Speech

English - Na'vi Dictionary Translated by Taronyu

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Ikrantu

Quote from: Vawmataw on February 23, 2016, 04:08:17 PM

http://learnnavi.org/  >>media  >> Dictionaries

Ikrantu

I would still prefer a spreadsheet of just the word list by type. Dont know anybody that has something like that?

Tìtstewan

Not sure if this would fit what you want, but I just would take a tsv-file, import it into Excel and use the sort function.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Ikrantu

and where can i get these files? what part of the forum?

Tìtstewan

TSV files are here http://learnnavi.org/media/ Flash Cards category.
I just took one file and created a vocab list sorted by word types (see attachement).

Blue Elf

Oh hell, I have never known such dictionary exists - and I needed it before! Good you showed me, thanks!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Quote from: Blue Elf on February 25, 2016, 12:11:28 PM
Oh hell, I have never known such dictionary exists - and I needed it before! Good you showed me, thanks!

I yearned for this when I have been beggining with learning of Na'vi.

Like, I wanted to learn first basics and then learn all conjunctions, prepositions idioms and then rest of vocab.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Toliman

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on February 25, 2016, 03:26:06 PM
Quote from: Blue Elf on February 25, 2016, 12:11:28 PM

I yearned for this when I have been beggining with learning of Na'vi.

Like, I wanted to learn first basics and then learn all conjunctions, prepositions idioms and then rest of vocab.

Yeah, same here (more or less)

Ikrantu

The team working on the app, couldnt they get us a database of the words by type????

Tìtstewan

There isn't a database by word type available as far as I know. However, there is a Eana Eltu database dump. The PDF parser/creator of the EanaEltu system sorts the words, also by category.

Ikrantu

Quote from: Tìtstewan on March 01, 2016, 06:56:28 PM
There isn't a database by word type available as far as I know. However, there is a Eana Eltu database dump. The PDF parser/creator of the EanaEltu system sorts the words, also by category.

Thats incredible is there a linux version or windows version of this????? something that works with the dump

Tìtstewan

You actually need phpmyadmin and MySQL or a kind of server environment. You could install XAMPP on Windows to emulate a server or, if you are on Linux, install MySQL and phpmyadmin, import that database and you should be able to work with it. (MySQL command knowledge required)

Ikrantu

Tirea Aean

You want a spreadsheet of the list of main block words listed in alphabetical order by part of speech? Literally just import into Excel the file Tìtstewan posted here:

http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=27146.msg642278.msg#642278

Or maybe I could do this later and upload the .xlsx of this is still desired.

I've known about all the things mentioned in this post for some time. Those of you who looked for something like these when starting out -- y u no ask me? ;D

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tìtstewan

One can use the .txt file I've posted above and open or import it in MS Excel. But one should be careful, because Excel behaves weird with apostropes in cells.

(@Tirea, don't use the Tapatalk emoji because they seem to break the https stuff and some browsers are crying, lol)