Vocabulary

Started by Eywayä mokri, December 21, 2009, 11:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unil Akawng

Quote from: Atan'eveng on February 17, 2010, 01:11:00 PM
I know the difference between 'eveng and 'ite is just a guess but you can see the difference between Mo'at'ite and Eywa'eveng, I don't knw....
Well, Mo'at'ite - Neytiri, that is - is clearly a she :), while Pandora (Eywa'eveng), being a planet, is not so easy to assign a gender to. :)
Tukruhu ne ayoeng zola'u a fkori tukrufa tìyerkup! - Александр Невский
На'ви-русский словарь v.2.09 для jMemorize

Atan'eveng

Yeah, but besides the gender you notice that 'ite in Mo'at'ite is literal, while 'eveng in Eywa'eveng is symbolic.
Oel ngati kameie ma [you]

Unil Akawng

Quote from: Atan'eveng on February 17, 2010, 05:54:07 PM
Yeah, but besides the gender you notice that 'ite in Mo'at'ite is literal, while 'eveng in Eywa'eveng is symbolic.
Agreed. It could be interpreted either this or that way (or, perhaps, both). We'll know for sure only after Karyu Pawl codifies the rules of the Na'vi discourse in more detail.
Tukruhu ne ayoeng zola'u a fkori tukrufa tìyerkup! - Александр Невский
На'ви-русский словарь v.2.09 для jMemorize

ftia

A small idea to remember 3 words:
If you want to comment about your best effort that is not perfect,
you may say
"Well, good enough."

In Na'vi the plain, uninflected words are:
Nìltsan, sìltsan, nìtam.

Just a way to remember these 3 & keep them straight.
Hope it helps.  thx

Ean Rina niNavi

Quote from: wm.annis on December 21, 2009, 11:30:42 AM
Quote from: Seniver on December 21, 2009, 11:27:01 AM
I agree, this would be really helpful when searching for terms, at the moment I'm just using my browser's page search function, but that get's very fiddly after a while.

A simple vocabulary database could probably be created.  A much more fiendish problem would be to help people find the root of a highly inflected verb, for example, matching tayarängon to the root taron

....why mot ask the admins of learnnavi.org to modify it... my idea might take sometime and someone might already have suggested it and failed...so i have this idea of phrasal typing in the learnnavi.org or maybe more like really specifying a verb like when you type hunted or have hunted it will come out as t<ol>aron or will hunt- t<ay>aron which are in tenses so that it won't be hard for us beginners... hope that's possible...connections from far away countries like mine to these kind of forums are wedgy....hope my request goes un heard......

..irayo ma aysmuk.... 

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

I think it's great! I'm not particularly gifted at lingustics (actually very challenged at it lol) and it helps that you have a lot of examples in your paper. Irayo!

Quote from: Karyu Amawey on December 21, 2009, 04:16:50 PM
I'd really like to thank everyone for their feedback on the PDF I created for Na'Vi, and so I hope this will be the final product!  It has a bilingual dictionary, the phonology, the grammar, and an IPA Lexicon for those who can read IPA.  Enjoy!

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BxURBDXVBWhHMGIyYWQyZWEtNjY2ZS00ZWYxLWExYTQtOGI2MGE4YTBiMTQz&hl=en
To live in the past is to die in the present.

Cass

i was trying out that workbook that ws made and im a bit confused. on the page that says 2-letter words to memorize and remember its kinda hard to figure out what words go where since i dont know the meaning of any of them. for example:  "im ___ (your town)."  "Where are you ____?"  the last letter of the word is A. there are 5 words that end in a and im not sure what to put. help would be appreciated :)

Eyäzong

Quote from: Lawliet on December 21, 2009, 01:34:42 PM
Someone should do language app for iStore that everyone who has iPhone/ipodTouch can buy it :D
it would be awesome if they made a dsiware game for learning Na'vi!!! but i doubt it. :( AAAAAAAHHH!!!!! i sometimes hate the people that work at nintendo! mahwe Eyäwong. breathe. i'm fine lol :)
Wish me luck on my journy of learning how to speak Na'vi. :)

NeytiriNari

They are very useful!!!!!!!  ;D //

Cmandy

TheFiery

omängum fra'uti

As these are now a bit outdated and not maintained, I think perhaps it is time to retire this thread.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!