What is "Loyal" in Na'vi?

Started by Srungsiyu Ayeylanä, January 05, 2021, 11:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Srungsiyu Ayeylanä

Is there a word for "loyal"? I've looked in the dictionaries and I haven't seen anything that directly translates to "loyal".
"Fraunil awngeyä tsun slivu ngay txo nìyey awngaru livu tìtstew fte nivongspe' sat." - ta Walt Disney

Tìtstewan

Unfortunately, there is no Na'vi word for "loyal" yet. :(

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toliman

Yeah, we still have not many words. I tried to find some another with similar meaning, but not successfully :(

Srungsiyu Ayeylanä

Okay, thanks anyway. Where can I find new words when they are created/added?
"Fraunil awngeyä tsun slivu ngay txo nìyey awngaru livu tìtstew fte nivongspe' sat." - ta Walt Disney

Toliman

Paul Frommer, creator of Na'vi language posts all new stuff here:

http://naviteri.org/

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Tìtstewan

I forgot to ask:
What do you attempt to say or translate? Perhaps, there could be an alternative way of translating a sentence/text. :-\

Srungsiyu Ayeylanä

I was thinking about translating "Just and Loyal". I don't know if there would be any alternative since it's so short and specific.

Toliman

Yeah, it's really specific... I have not idea for some alternative Na'vi word here :(

Srungsiyu Ayeylanä

Toliman

Kea tìkin :) I have similar problems with missing words too.

Srungsiyu Ayeylanä

I'm surprised that "loyal" hasn't been created yet. It seems like it would be an important adjective for describing someone's personality.  :)

Toliman

Yeah, I would say that we really should to have this word.

Sometimes is possible use some alternative words but often sadly not. For example when I wrote some poems in Na'vi, I missed word for "the Moon" so I call the Moon like as "Tsawke txonä" (the sun of night) xD But luckily now we already have nice Na'vi word for the Moon: Oare.

Srungsiyu Ayeylanä

Cool! :)

Hopefully "loyal" will be made sooner rather than later. It's one of the words that best define who I am, but I understand that it's not easy creating a language.

Tìtstewan

Yeah, we have to wait. But what I can say, a word for "loyal" was submitted to Paul, if I remember me correctly.

Toliman

Yeah, I think that it was subbmited.

I was also shocked that we had not word for "Polyphemus" - I was not able understand that Na'vi have not name for that huge object on their sky ;D But now we already have also word for this: Naranawm.