Your the best Na'vi word

Started by Toliman, September 17, 2018, 05:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Like as we have thread about Na'vi words which are bad bor us, we could have thread about words which we love ;D :)

I love few words:

Tanhì for meaning and this word sounds a bit mysteriously for me.

Meoauniaea and Leioae for meaning too and this words sounds like as many words from polynesian languages which I like.

I also like words Txantsan and Irayo, however in this case I have not any special reason ;D

What about your favourite words?

Mech

To the above I'd add the recent oere, a beautiful word for moon, and meuia.

Also I think I like words that end with -tsyìp, remind me of native american languages which is a big + for me.

I think that meoauniaea, leioae and meuia are exceptions to the Na'vi vocabulary. Perhaps they can be loans from another tribe's language.  :-\  (if there is one, I want to learn it :D)

Toliman

Oh yeah, Meuia is nice word too :)

Quote from: Mech on September 17, 2018, 10:26:03 AM
I think that meoauniaea, leioae and meuia are exceptions to the Na'vi vocabulary. Perhaps they can be loans from another tribe's language.  :-\
Hmm, interesting idea.
But yeah, for me these words really sounds quite special against many other Na'vi words.

Batureang 🦈

I always liked txep.  For no particular reason.  It's just fun and easy.

Also not sure if it's any official word but I woke up today with the words kekrr stuck in my mind - timeless.

Toliman

Quote from: theAfanc on September 17, 2018, 12:38:30 PM
Also not sure if it's any official word but I woke up today with the words kekrr stuck in my mind - timeless.
It sounds interesting but I affraid that it's not official word :-\

Toliman

Quote from: Mech on September 17, 2018, 10:26:03 AM
Also I think I like words that end with -tsyìp, remind me of native american languages which is a big + for me.
I would forget ... similarly I quite like words which start with prefix nì-, these words sounds quite nice for me :)

Mech

I am fond of the word ngaytxoa. Beginnng with the exotic ng- not found in western languages, tx of course, and the polynesian-like combination oa.

Toliman

yeah, this is nice word. Words with ng- sounds really interesing.
similarly also ngoa

And also ngrr, because ng + rr ;D

Eana Unil

Toliman

I almost forgot on mawey - sounds nice for me and meaning is nice too :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

For a long time, I have maintained that tsaheylu is my favirote Na'vi word, but I like so many of them.

It goes without saying that palulukan is also right up there, for some reason :) :palulukan:

Words with double ejectives, like atxkxeatxkxerel and kxitx. And who can't like prrkxentrrkrr? ;)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Toliman

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 03, 2018, 03:50:41 PM
It goes without saying that palulukan is also right up there, for some reason :) :palulukan:
Here I like Ikran :ikran: and Toruk :toruk:
Both sounds nice for me and I love meaning of toruk "last shadow" :D

Mech

Me too, I like some particular words with rr and ll. These don't sound exotic (in the way i mean it) but rather alien and sci-fi-ish

Toliman

And which words with rr and ll you like?

I like especially nrr, nrra and lrrtok :)

Mech

I like plltxe, lrrtok, letrrtrr, tsakrr. And I really wonder if there is a real life language that uses the liquid consonants like this.

Sanskrit has r and l as semivowels, but i dont think they are pronounce the same way.

Toliman

Yeah, lrrtok and tsakrr are nice! :)

Quote from: Mech on October 04, 2018, 04:07:53 PM
And I really wonder if there is a real life language that use the liquid consonants like this.
Hmm ... I don't know about such language :-\

Toliman

So when we finally received new words before few weeks, I received also two new words which I love ;D

These worsd are Maitan (my son) and Maite (my daughter). Why - because these words sounds like as many words from polynesian languages which I like (for same reason I love also words meoauniaea and leioae)