it's the best word ;D
For me is sounds a bit strange, however I can't say that I would hate it ;D

Tirea Aean

Toliman

Batureang 🦈

Tirea Aean

Batureang 🦈

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Eana Unil

Vawmataw

Toliman

Eana Unil

Well, original question was

QuoteIs there a particular Na'vi word which you hate, for any reason?

and I vote for ronsrelngop because I don't like it x) Hard to pronounce and ill-sounding, somewhat, hrh. At least to my memikyun. It's colloquial form, ronsrewngop, isn't all too bad tho.

Vawmataw

Quote from: Eana Unil on September 16, 2018, 05:41:13 PM
It's colloquial form, ronsrewngop, isn't all too bad tho.
but in that case the mind dances hrh

Toliman

Hrh, interesting. I more like "ronsrelngop". However I can't say that I would hate "ronsrewngop", just "ronsrelngop" is more better for me.

Tirea Aean

Well, original question was

QuoteIs there a particular Na'vi word which you hate, for any reason?

and I vote for ronsrelngop because I don't like it x) Hard to pronounce and ill-sounding, somewhat, hrh. At least to my memikyun. It's colloquial form, ronsrewngop, isn't all too bad tho.

what about leronsrel? :D :D

:ikran:

Plumps

I don't know how I feel about this ...

It is one thing to say you don't like a word for its sound combination because you have difficulty with it and another to say you don't like a word because it's 'unlike' Na'vi. Pretty presumptuous if you ask me :-\

I don't like the word ha'ngir, for whatever reason, but it won't keep me from using it when I need it ;)

And I have to step up for kxì ... some people seem to think that it is a short form of kaltxì. Nowhere is it said it would be! Same as hi isn't a short form of hello. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Sorry, my 2¢ – had to vent a little.

Eana Unil

Quote from: Vawmataw on September 16, 2018, 06:15:10 PM
but in that case the mind dances hrh

HRH! ;D

Quote from: Plumps on September 20, 2018, 04:40:13 PM
I don't know how I feel about this ...

It is one thing to say you don't like a word for its sound combination because you have difficulty with it and another to say you don't like a word because it's 'unlike' Na'vi. Pretty presumptuous if you ask me :-\

I don't like the word ha'ngir, for whatever reason, but it won't keep me from using it when I need it ;)

And I have to step up for kxì ... some people seem to think that it is a short form of kaltxì. Nowhere is it said it would be! Same as hi isn't a short form of hello. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Sorry, my 2¢ – had to vent a little.

No need to apologize here, it's completely understandable and relateable imho. I don't hate ronsrelngop per se, I still use it and have it as an example (even with audio) on my website, it's just.... I dunno, that word just gives me the chills, a lot like when you scratch a chalk board with your nails or something, hrh. It's just some kind of aversion I'd prefer not to have, but I cannot ignore the fact that it's there. For whatever weird reason  :-\

Tbh I never really got the hate towards kxì, it's hard to pronounce for me and whatnot, but it's not that bad, if we're perfectly honest :P It's still better than "'sup?". x)

Toliman

Quote from: Plumps on September 20, 2018, 04:40:13 PM
Hmm, this is quite nice word for me ???  This word sounds badly for you?

Batureang 🦈

Ive been doing the memrise courses and i decided i don't like slä or any word that might end in ä.  It sounds so blah and gross to me :/

Toliman

Quote from: theAfanc on September 20, 2018, 05:20:40 PM
Ive been doing the memrise courses and i decided i don't like slä or any word that might end in ä.  It sounds so blah and gross to me :/
When we talk about certain letters or syllables, I quite dislike many words with syllable prr.

Eana Unil

Quote from: theAfanc on September 20, 2018, 05:20:40 PM

actually ä doesn't sound like ah... ä sounds more like the a in cat, not the a in blah  ???