Marine Life (C priotrity)

Started by Payoang, March 02, 2010, 10:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payoang

This is inevitable anyhow, seeing the direction Cameron is taking with Avatar 2 Na'vi (Working Title). Anyhow, I want a word for "fish." That's all.

Prrton

Quote from: Seabass on March 02, 2010, 10:55:48 PM
This is inevitable anyhow, seeing the direction Cameron is taking with Avatar 2 Na'vi (Working Title)[/b]. Anyhow, I want a word for "fish." That's all.

Talk to Kale (soon).

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

This is inevitable anyhow, seeing the direction Cameron is taking with Avatar 2 Na'vi (Working Title)[/b]. Anyhow, I want a word for "fish." That's all.
Let me guess, you want a word for the Sea too huh?  :D
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Toruk Makto

"Swim", "wet" (lepay?) ... "Things get wet when they swim."

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Skxawng

I'd say 'swim' goes into motion

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Uniltsamsiyu

Although not completely marine life, I feel this brings up a good point: generic words to represent species.

Fish, or things that swim
Birds, or things that fly
Mammals and non-mammals
Things that walk or have legs
Insects
Reptiles
Amphibians

Carnivores
herbivores
omnivores

i would probably categorize these as C, though.

Keylstxatsmen

This is inevitable anyhow, seeing the direction Cameron is taking with Avatar 2 Na'vi (Working Title). Anyhow, I want a word for "fish." That's all.

Expanding a little from just Marine Life:

I think that something which can be used for Ocean, Sea, Lake or the like (body of water, land of water, whatever they call it) is priority B at least, boat (water ship) priority B, along with a confirmation of the word for "Water" priority A.  Everything else that goes with it probably priority C.  But it's hard to talk about a place without being able to say lake, ocean, etc...

-Keyl
Oeru lì'fya leNa'vi prrte' leiu nìtxan! 

Txo nga new leskxawnga tawtutehu nìNa'vi pivängkxo, oeru 'upxaret fpe' ulte ngaru srungit tayìng oel.  Faylì'ut alor nume 'awsiteng ko!