Audio added to the LN vocabulary page!

Started by Tìtstewan, January 13, 2022, 05:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ma soaia!

While you have been learning new vocabulary, you may have asked how to pronouce all the words and possibly think that weird IPA text isn't very helpful for you. If so, then you will maybe love to hear that we have added audio material for each word one can find in the official dictionary.
Just visit https://learnnavi.org/navi-vocabulary/
It was planned years ago but it is finally complete. I had the pleasure of creating a Na'vi vocab page generator that generates the output that you can see on the LearnNa'vi.org Vocabulary page. Huge Irayo to @tsyili for recoring all the audio for each word! Irayo also for @Tirea Aean and @Ash for editing help!

We hope you will find this new page helpful and enjoy learning Na'vi.

'Ivong Na'vi!

- Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toliman

Plumps

Tewti! What a temendous feat! Spivaw oeti rutxe, oe omum ;) Irayo nìtxan ma Tsyili

Ma Tìtstewan,
is it supposed to open a separate window in my browser every time?

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Plumps on January 13, 2022, 01:05:24 PM
Ma Tìtstewan,
Sran. It is supposed to open a small windows. Otherwise it would be really difficult to get these 2600+ audio files loaded properly, and Wordpress was also not really happy loading that amount of audio files.
Originally, my plan was to add just a play button or something similar, like it is on Dict-Na'vi. Unfortunately, Worpress does not make it easy to implement. :(

I still want such a play button, but this need to wait. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Alyara Arati

Congratulations on this mammoth endeavor!  :toruk:  Seykxel sì nitram, ma Tsyili, ma Tirea, ma Tìtstewan, sì ma Ash!  :-*
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

tsyili

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on January 13, 2022, 05:16:30 PM
Quote from: Plumps on January 13, 2022, 01:05:24 PM
Ma Tìtstewan,
Sran. It is supposed to open a small windows. Otherwise it would be really difficult to get these 2600+ audio files loaded properly, and Wordpress was also not really happy loading that amount of audio files.
Originally, my plan was to add just a play button or something similar, like it is on Dict-Na'vi. Unfortunately, Worpress does not make it easy to implement. :(

I still want such a play button, but this need to wait. :)

It works on Dict-Na'vi, because there you first have to search a word. Then, there will be few enough matching (or close to matching) results which will have a play button. The most results you could probably get, is by searching the word "that" (76 results, 75 of them have audio button), or by clicking one of the Letter categories, to see all words starting with that letter. And on a single word's details page, there will only ever be one play button to render. There is never a case, where there is an extremely high number of audio elements on the page.

We might want to consider some form of pagination and search. I think the language has outgrown being able to reasonably display the entire lexicon on one page hrh. I'll be thinking about this.

Aylì'uri atstunwi irayo ma frapo! :D