Discord LN channel

Started by Eana Unil, March 25, 2016, 12:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

So... How can i connect to the group/server? I have the acc. but it want an ID code or something. (my acc. ID)
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Tìtstewan

Check your PM, ma Hahaw. :)

EDIT:

To join, follow this link:
https://discord.gg/0rRUUBeXPU8YuuzH

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Wllìm

Well, I just tried the Discord channel, and what I like about it is that the text chat is much more extensive than the limited chat option that TeamSpeak has.
Also, the interface looks super nice :D

I haven't tested audio chatting so far, though.

Eana Unil

;D You can also connect Discord to IRC apparently, and you can upload stuffs to the text channels directly. Voice chat is also very neat, I'm voting for everyone to give it a try and switch over to Discord  ;D

Plumps

Quote from: Tìtstewan on March 26, 2016, 10:18:10 AM

Will you add this to the first post so that people who are interested find the channel right away?
I don't have an overview over things like "First Steps" etc. Maybe it would be good there as well...

Quote from: Eana Unil on March 26, 2016, 11:39:28 AM
;D You can also connect Discord to IRC apparently, and you can upload stuffs to the text channels directly. Voice chat is also very neat, I'm voting for everyone to give it a try and switch over to Discord  ;D

You know about the saying about ,,Was der Bauer nicht kennt ..." right? :P

I will try it.
I just fear the more channels there are the more scattered the community will become ... :-\ Am I too pessimistic to think that?

Eana Unil

Quote from: Plumps on March 26, 2016, 12:54:19 PM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on March 26, 2016, 10:18:10 AM

Will you add this to the first post so that people who are interested find the channel right away?
I don't have an overview over things like "First Steps" etc. Maybe it would be good there as well...

Quote from: Eana Unil on March 26, 2016, 11:39:28 AM

You know about the saying about ,,Was der Bauer nicht kennt ..." right? :P

I will try it.
I just fear the more channels there are the more scattered the community will become ... :-\ Am I too pessimistic to think that?

Even farmers need to broaden their horizons at times, ma tsmukan :D Or they might miss great stuff.. Discord is really worth the try. Maybe you'll like it :D At least that's what I'm hoping for :P

Of course, it's not a really good thing to have too many options to choose from regarding ways to communicate with each other, but imho Discord could be the candidate to connect them all. Discord is designed to be more intuitive and connectable and stuff than the different options one had before Discord was (and still is) developed.

Wllìm

Yes, I agree with you. We already have many ways to communicate (shoutbox, IRC, TS3, Webex (?), sometimes Skype, and now Discord), and it is not good if someone would need to follow many channels to be able to follow the discussion. I already experienced this myself with TS3: I didn't know that the Lerngruppe existed, until I accidentally found it.

I do like Discord a lot so far - more than TS3, so I would be in favour of switching there. However, if people prefer to stay on TS3, I think it would be better that everyone stays there, to not split the (already small) community further.

Vawmataw

Yeah, we will have to proceed to a cleaning of the apps we use.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Quote from: Wllìm on March 26, 2016, 01:36:15 PM
I do like Discord a lot so far - more than TS3, so I would be in favour of switching there. However, if people prefer to stay on TS3, I think it would be better that everyone stays there, to not split the (already small) community further.
I must agree with you, our community is small so we really would not split it.

Quote from: Vawmataw on March 26, 2016, 01:37:56 PM
Also true.

Eana Unil

Quote from: Toliman on March 26, 2016, 01:46:11 PM

Also true.

I agree completely. So we should all just switch over to Discord ;D j/k, I guess time will tell about that, but please do have an open mind and at least try it out, it really is worth it. :) Just sayin'. :P

Toliman

Quote from: Eana Unil on March 26, 2016, 01:50:33 PM
Quote from: Toliman on March 26, 2016, 01:46:11 PM

Also true.

I agree completely. So we should all just switch over to Discord ;D j/k, I guess time will tell about that, but please do have an open mind and at least try it out, it really is worth it. :) Just sayin'. :P
I agree too  :) We would try it out at first.

Tìtstewan

Info added to the first post. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Tìlu

Tirea Aean redid the roles today. Now we have Karyu, Karyuä Srungsiyu, and Numeyu. :)
You should come say hi if you haven't!

Tirea Aean

Ever since I linked our Discord to the LearnNavi.org front page, we've been getting some new people coming in. :D

Tìtstewan

Now, you can add your Discord Username in your forum profile. :)

Tìlu

We're still super active over here on the Discord! ;)

Ertew

Discord is the worst thing I ever installed.
It eats most of my free time.
I need to uninstall it
before it's
not to
late.
;)
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Eana Unil

Toliman

wm.annis

I hate to be that old-timer, but nothing can compare to the time sink that was the Skype group chat around when LN.org first formed.