Do You See Na'Vi Going Anywhere?

Started by Na'viyä Tsamsiyu, January 01, 2010, 02:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Like Klingon, and at the growing rate we are at now, do you see the Na'Vi language actually becomming big?

Yes, definately, it'll out Kilngon Kilngon
97 (41.1%)
Maybe, if we keep growing steadily
106 (44.9%)
Not likely, only us, here, are the only enthusaists
6 (2.5%)
Not sure yet, let us devolope the language more
26 (11%)
Pxasik!!!!
1 (0.4%)

Total Members Voted: 221

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

I agree that Na'vi has a huge advantage over Klingon; it sounds pretty. Klingon is only going to gain huge Star Trek fan while Na'vi has already attract those who love languages and may only find Avatar as okay (not me, I simply adore the movie). It's a beautiful sounding language that people can whisper to their children. When we have enough to be fluent in it we'll be able to speak it in public with out receiving to many strange looks. I think it's these aspects that will help us knock Klingon off of its throne.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

I whisper navi to my dogs. It's fun. The language will develop, give it time.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

AyekongAyauyä

Na'vi has two very important things going for it: exposure (who isn't going to see this movie eventually?), and ease of pronunciation. Klingon was specifically made to sound alien solely through its phonology, meaning that it has a lot of near-indistinguishable glottal and uvular sounds. Na'vi, on the other hand, is very esoteric in its grammar, but has a phoneme set that's simple and natural, makign it easy for people to jump into repeating set phrases, and working on their grammar skills from there.

Faheu Akawng

If they release a sequel of avatar and if Frommer work hard to make the
language complete, there will be a future for Na'vi!

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Frommer's under contract, so no worries there. And avatar has made much money, so no worries there

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

What? I call them ma smukan, and say sìltsan when they listen. It helps me, don't judge ;)

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 10, 2010, 01:48:50 PM
What? I call them ma smukan, and say sìltsan when they listen. It helps me, don't judge ;)

It's not a judgment on you. It is an appreciation for your reply to the previous post. It was very funny, as if you were making a truism (factual statement) and at the same time making a funny comment. It was like a child who does something brilliant and you are proud of them, but it is cute to watch them do it. Nothing but respect and appreciation over here. And (always) a great appreciation for humor.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Lurk

Munge futa nga tsun, Tìng ke'uti ne'ìm.
Software Dev - x86 Assembly / native C - 10 years.
Efficiency is everything to do with Performance~

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

I guess it would help to put in a [/sarcasm].

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Lurk

Alright well, so it might not be the most credible of credible sources, but my original opinion was sincere. :/
Munge futa nga tsun, Tìng ke'uti ne'ìm.
Software Dev - x86 Assembly / native C - 10 years.
Efficiency is everything to do with Performance~

Tanhì Tireafya'o

I think it'll someday be bigger than Klingon. Only, since the movie is quite new it's just a matter of time untill people will come over here. And then with the DVD release, I think there'll be a growth again. I voted yes, but only if we grow steadily or something like that.

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

bagget00

Quote from: Tanhì Tireafya'o on January 10, 2010, 04:34:44 PM
I think it'll someday be bigger than Klingon. Only, since the movie is quite new it's just a matter of time untill people will come over here. And then with the DVD release, I think there'll be a growth again. I voted yes, but only if we grow steadily or something like that.

lets just hope it doesn't take 30 years to get to where klingon is now.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: bagget00 on January 10, 2010, 09:30:16 PM
Quote from: Tanhì Tireafya'o on January 10, 2010, 04:34:44 PM

lets just hope it doesn't take 30 years to get to where klingon is now.

Depends on whether it'll take James Cameron another 8 years between films :P

Hopefully not, considering his technology is all developed now.
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Swok Txon

yeah i hope to go its not one of those movie franchises with like HUGE gaps in between movies so much so that you forget what the movie before was about and the whole of society forgets as well

rotlfol

lets hope not

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Swok Txon on January 10, 2010, 10:17:13 PM
yeah i hope to go its not one of those movie franchises with like HUGE gaps in between movies so much so that you forget what the movie before was about and the whole of society forgets as well

rotlfol

lets hope not

*Cough*Star Wars Episode 6 to Episode 1*Cough*

I mean 16 years?
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

We make no mention of Star Wars 1-3 here. They do not exist. Nor do the second two Matrix films >.>

But I doubt it'll take him to long to make a sequel. It mainly took so long because they had to make everything from scratch. They know what they're doing now so it'll make for a much easier filming process. And a hell of a lot cheaper  ;D
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 10, 2010, 11:09:36 PM
We make no mention of Star Wars 1-3 here. They do not exist. Nor do the second two Matrix films >.>

But I doubt it'll take him to long to make a sequel. It mainly took so long because they had to make everything from scratch. They know what they're doing now so it'll make for a much easier filming process. And a hell of a lot cheaper  ;D

Seconded...
私は太った男だ。

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Eywayä mokri on January 01, 2010, 03:18:43 AM
For me, this movie just entered the clan of the best movies ever. Whatever could happen, it will remain in the memories, for sure.

Na'vi is in its own clan ~billion miles above all of the others.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Na'viyä Tsamsiyu

QuoteNa'vi is in its own clan ~billion miles above all of the others.

Agreed. Like, all other movies and such which are coming out soon have lost all relevence, and they are immediately not good.

On a scale of 1-100, 100 being AVATAR EPIC, the only thing for me that got close was LOTR, trilolgy.

And it's at a 20!!!!!

LOL

But, anyways, yeah....
Want to bring Na'Vi to X-Box live? Send a friend request to "SR Raptor 50" with the word Na'Vi attatched to it! I hope to have at least one friend who i can chat with in Na'Vi. Irayo, Ewya Ngahu. -Raptor