For those wondering about accent marks!

Started by Nume fpi sänume, December 29, 2009, 01:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nume fpi sänume

Welcome to the community! As you may have noticed, Na'vi makes use of accent marks that us English speakers/typers don't normally use. Because of this, most of us resort to Copy/Paste of the accent letters, or using the Alt + number codes.

There is a better, easier way

http://www.studyspanish.com/accents/typing.htm

That website will show you how to easily set up your keyboard for international typing, making the typing out of your accent marks 10x faster. It doesn't change it too much, and takes almost no time to get used to. Trust me, it helps, and it works, and its VERY easy to switch the keyboard between US standard and US International.

tute nuereime

kaltxì peng oeru fra'uya niNa'Vi

Nume fpi sänume

I hope it helps a lot of the people coming in. :) Read through it, since it will tell you how to get all the accent marks. I too used to copy/paste method, then the Alt + number code method, then Hawkpidgeon showed me this way and I've just left it on the international settings ever since.

tute nuereime

it was a little confusing to try to insert the ä because on my keyboard the ' key and the " key are the same thing but no biggy
kaltxì peng oeru fra'uya niNa'Vi

Nume fpi sänume

As it is on most i believe. Just gotta remember to hold shift then hit the " key, then the letter. Takes a bit of practice, but soon it'll be second nature.

Tìsyaw Nantangä

Oooh very nifty. I've actually been after this for a while, but not quite enough to go looking for it. :D
Mì saw, kawtul tsun stivawm ngayä ayzawngit.

sefuheron

Irayo.
I like it, seems very easy to adapt to. Been wondering about this for quite a while, but too lazy to figure it out.

Eywa ngahu.
Yom yom yom. Txonti swiräl.

Ptxèrra

i complied it on the laptop of my mom, couse we had that problem too.

i gave her laptop back, she tried to update her work-schedual, she then got mad about me screwing the laptop couse she couldn't find : on the board :P
(just alt shift would do the job)
Oel ayngati kameie i was there

remember power corrups, absolute power..... is a whole lot of fun.
Sheepies: They just eat grass until something kills them,  it might as well be you!!

Eywayä mokri

The link (I think this is this one) has been added to the "useful links" thread. :)

Irayo.
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Nume fpi sänume

Your welcome. For now im just gonna shamelessly bump my post to help new people :P

Tìsyaw Nantangä

Bump for awesomeness. Also, could someone maybe move this into beginners forum and perhaps even sticky it? It's damned useful.

Tskxäozì Ewaoe

Txureyktan Taronyu

This is so helpful! I had no idea how to do this on my Mac.
Irayo  :)

Naki'Malis

Irayo! Irayo! Tí-ir<ei>ayo! (okay that last one may be wrong...)
Always listening, always learning.

xMine

I've no problems, because the ä is a German letter ;)
The only thing a can't type is the zirconflex (or how it's spelled) thing from french (this "roof" on the i for example)

Tìsyaw Nantangä

If you're using the international keyboard then `+i = ì.

Also bump. This is incredibly useful.

Tanhì Tireafya'o

well, it's quite easy.
For circonflex: ^ + i = î ([SHIFT]+[6]+)
For trema: " + i = ï [SHIFT]+[']+
For accent: ' or ` + i = í or ì ([next to enter/upper left corner] + )
And you can use it for all vowels.  ;)

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Irayo ma tsmukan! This makes everything a million times easier!
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Erimeyz

I've updated the Typing Navi page on the Learn Na'vi wiki to include all the methods I know of, including the ones mentioned in this thread, as well as some others from a different thread.

http://wiki.learnnavi.org/Typing_Na'vi

- Eri