Depends.
15 (6.6%)
No.
11 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 210

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Plumps on April 29, 2012, 03:28:02 AM
Quote from: Seze on April 29, 2012, 01:29:23 AM
The TS server is back online, however since my all of my IP address have changed, and I don't have access to update the DNS record for ts.learnnavi.org, you can use tirearadio.com instead.

... sorry, techno-skxawng here, what does that mean exactly? I tried to log on but it didn't work. Do I need to set up a new favorite?

it means ts.learnnavi.org would try to connect to a dead connection,until DNS can be updated the suggestion is to change your bookmark to the new address, but i just tried as was typed in the post and it failed to connect
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Seze

That is odd that you can't connect.  Try using this instead: 23.25.55.34   That will bypass DNS altogether.  Let me know if that still doesn't work. 

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Seze on April 29, 2012, 08:54:45 AM
That is odd that you can't connect.  Try using this instead: 23.25.55.34   That will bypass DNS altogether.  Let me know if that still doesn't work. 

<15:46:18>  Trying to connect to server on 23.25.55.34
<15:46:23>  Failed to connect to server

Seze

Yeah, it looks like I'm having some firewall issues with my new connection.  I'll update once I've got this resolved...

Seze

Ok, I think I have it fixed now.  Let me know if it still doesn't work...

Palulukan Maktoyu

Seze

The DNS records have been successfully updated, so you can now get to the server via the usual ts.learnnavi.org address.

Plumps

Is everything alright with it?

FYI,
Yesterday we had extremely tedious problems with the quality of the transmission. More than 4 people in one room and the quality was butchered and we couldn't understand each other.

Seze

Quote from: Plumps on May 08, 2012, 06:58:07 AM
Is everything alright with it?

FYI,
Yesterday we had extremely tedious problems with the quality of the transmission. More than 4 people in one room and the quality was butchered and we couldn't understand each other.

I'll look into it.  The only thing that changed recently was that I'm routing all traffic through a dedicated firewall.  Do you know the approximate time you were having the issues with voice quality?

Palulukan Maktoyu

As a point, I also talk on a ts3 server a close friend runs as we use it for online games. and it went to poo the same time. looked like bandwidth issue or packet loss, but his is hosted by a big hosting company in texas

thought this might help

Seze

Thanks the extra info.  The new firewall I put gives me some fairly detailed info on what is going on in my network.  If I know what time this issue occurred, I can check to see if there were any traffic spikes during that time which may have affected it.  I also tried to setup some QoS rules to help as well, but haven't had a chance to really test them out yet.

Plumps

It was around 8 to 9 pm German time

Blue Elf

This night {21:00 - 23:00 of GMT+2} sound is terrible. All people complains about big packet loss, even 75%. Can you check it, Seze?
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tsyalatun te Eyktan Txuratu'itan

Quote from: Blue Elf on May 10, 2012, 03:33:19 PM
This night {21:00 - 23:00 of GMT+2} sound is terrible. All people complains about big packet loss, even 75%. Can you check it, Seze?

I think Seze sorted it last night, though that was after you guys left!  My packet loss went down to 0.1%, whereas it was around 30-80% whenever anyone spoke.

Irayo ma Seze.

Seze

Just giving you all a heads up, I'm getting a larger block of static IPs from Comcast, which means things will go offline for a bit after the new block is assigned.  I was told to expect the change to occur sometime in the next 5 to 7 days.  Everything should remain online until someone at Comcast gets around to updating my account.  I will post the new IP for the server here so you can get back online while waiting for DNS changes to propagate.

Seze

New IPs have been issued and put in place.  Everything should be back online now.

Seze Mune

Wou, that was fast! Txantsan ulte irayo ma Seze!

eejmensenikbenhet

Win indeed, in both the English and the Na'vi meaning of the word. 8)

Seze

I had a bit of a scare today with some of the wiring in my apartment.  One of the breakers corroded and was causing some arcing to occur between the breaker and the main bus bar in the breaker box.  Everything is "safe" at the moment, but a contractor is supposed to come out tomorrow to look at it.  There is a pretty good chance the power to my apartment will be shut off tomorrow for them to do some repair work and possibly replace the entire breaker box.  If they do decide to work on it, I will have to power down my servers until after they are finished.  This means that the TS server will be down for a few hours while they work on the wiring in my apartment.  I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but this is something that really has to be taken care of as soon as possible.

Update:
Repairs have been made, and everything is back online.

Seze

Quote from: Seze on July 01, 2012, 08:55:47 PM
I had a bit of a scare today with some of the wiring in my apartment.  One of the breakers corroded and was causing some arcing to occur between the breaker and the main bus bar in the breaker box.  Everything is "safe" at the moment, but a contractor is supposed to come out tomorrow to look at it.  There is a pretty good chance the power to my apartment will be shut off tomorrow for them to do some repair work and possibly replace the entire breaker box.  If they do decide to work on it, I will have to power down my servers until after they are finished.  This means that the TS server will be down for a few hours while they work on the wiring in my apartment.  I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but this is something that really has to be taken care of as soon as possible.

Update:
Repairs have been made, and everything is back online.

Just had another breaker start arcing on me, exactly like before.  When the electrician came out the last time, he just moved things around to get off the damaged section in the panel.  That solution won't work this time since there is no space left in the panel to move things to, which means that they will most likely need to replace the entire breaker panel.  This happened after hours, so I'll know more once I can stop by the office tomorrow and get another electrician to come out and take a look at it.

I expect there to be another service outage while they do the repair work.  If they do replace the entire panel, TS may be offline for a couple hours.  I'll keep this thread updated as I find out more.