If you're new: Kaltxì and welcome to LearnNavi
This post is meant to clear up any confusion about the LearnNavi forum. Please refer to this page for any questions.About LearnNavi
- Mission Statement:
- LearnNaviTM is more than a fan site, we are also a community of learners. This forum is for friendly and helpful discussions about the Na'vi language and topics centering around the film AVATAR (and impending sequels).
- LearnNavi is not affiliated with 20th Century Fox, LightStorm Entertainment or James Cameron. We respect and enforce intellectual property and copyrights to the best of our knowledge and ability. This involves effort from the LearnNavi administrators and moderators and includes (but is not limited to) removing or stopping any discussions, posts, or threads, any of which encourage the unlicensed duplication or sharing of copyrighted materials. This includes all LearnNavi.org services including the main web site, forums, wiki and IRC servers.
Rules, Policies, and Code of Conduct
- The LearnNavi Collective:
- https://www.learnnavi.org/ - the homepage, with general information about the Na'vi language
- https://forum.learnnavi.org/ - a discussion board and online community centered around the film and language. Note that our servers run full system backups up every Monday morning at 1:00am CST and even though most LearnNavi services are not affected, the forum may be unavailable for a few minutes while the snapshot is being made.
- https://wiki.learnnavi.org/ - a collaborative project to compile all relevant information and aspects of the language. A login is required to contribute. (which is not the same as your forum login)
- LearnNavi around the web
- Server info
The LearnNavi world runs on a dedicated server located at InterNap in Houston, Texas. Network access is via a 1000Mb connection to GTT. The server is a Tyan model B8226G24W4H with two Opteron 4386 CPUs providing 16 cores at 3.1GHz, RAM is 64GB of DDR3/1333/ECC, storage is 2.7TB on a SAS-based RAID5 and the OS is FreeBSD - Na'vi Shell.
A lot of folks have said that this community has been one of the friendliest and most helpful that they have ever experienced and been part of. Here's how you can help us keep it this way!
- Respect the Golden Rule: Kemìri a ngaru prrte' ke lu, tsakem rä'ä sivi aylaheru. Be nice to everyone, especially newcomers.
- The forum, like the film, is rated PG-13. For those outside of the United States or those unfamiliar with the rating: Don't post anything here you wouldn't want your parents or employers to see. This includes vulgar nudity, distasteful material, and any hateful attitudes. There are plenty of other websites out there specialize in risque and offensive things. Keep it there - don't bring it here please. All posts to the forums are public and unless otherwise specified, are accessible by anyone browsing this forum.
- Spam, and advertising other websites or forums will not be tolerated.
- Try not to necropost, as this could lead to the spread of old or incorrect information and confuse people. However, if you don't think the thread has much incorrect information and you've got something very useful to add, you're probably ok to post. PM a mod if you're not sure.
- If you have a personal conflict or an issue with other members, please try to first resolve it in private via our messaging system. Issues concerning the site or its documents should be posted in the corresponding forum or sub-forum.
- Outside of the Off-Topic and Spam sections, please try to stay on topic. A forum is a discussion board, not a chat. We have a shout box at the top of the forum index page for transient comments as well as the IRC server for that.
- Content posted to the forum should be considered given to the public domain. Individual posts to the forums can be selectively deleted by the posting member, but entire topics or requests for large-scale deleting of content will not be accepted. If you delete your membership from the forums, your content remains and will not be removed.
- Your moderators are members like you who have been appointed to enforce the forum rules and keep things running smoothly. Respect their authority, and avoid arguments.
- Our community is like a family. If you have an issue with another member's post or you see another member breaking these rules, do not hesitate to report it to a moderator, or send a moderator a private message.
- Do not abuse the karma system.
- Signature rules:
- No images larger than 500x100 pixels
- No vulgarities
- Bannable offenses:
- Deliberately or repeatedly violating copyrights.
- Community member harassment.
- Argumentative, insulting or pejorative discussions intended to incite or perpetuate conflict on the learnnavi.org threads (TROLLING)
- Should you partake in bannable actions, the Ban Ikran will eat your account.
- Posts in the SPAM section do not count towards your post count.
- If you want to write a Personal Message (PM) to a member with an apostrophe in their name, just go to the profile of the member you want to PM and click at "Send personal message" OR use the Username that you can see in the profile too.
A simple arbitrary community feedback system which lets you and others know what the community thinks of you and your contributions. If you've just joined or started posting, you'll be at zero. Don't worry about it. Note that you need at least 25 posts to change others' karma (applaud or smite them).
- Stars and Ranking System
The colors and number of stars indicate the amount of participation in the forum, or additional roles of the member.
|Admin (Toruk Makto)|
|Global Mod (Olo'eyktan Anawm)|
- Regular Members
|Ketuwong (0-49 posts)|
|Tawtute (50-99 posts)|
|Uniltìranyu (100-199 posts)|
|'Eveng (200-299 posts)|
|Tute (300-399 posts)|
|Omatikaya (400-499 posts)|
|Taronyu (500-749 posts)|
|Ikran Makto (750-999 posts)|
|Palulukan Makto (1000-9999 posts)|
|Eywatsyìp (10000+ Posts)|
- Custom Na'vi smiley icon sets used in the LearnNavi Forums created by Tefpakyu and Syalhu swirä ... (give karma where karma is due!)
This page may change in the future, so it's a good idea to keep an eye on it.Change log
- 4/2/2011: Added note about signatures
- 4/27/2013: Fixed a broken link to the Ban Ikran image
- 8/19/2013: Added note on forum availability during system backups
- 9/30/2013: Added information about mass-deleting of forum content.
- 10/15/2013: Added information on PM to a member with an apostrophe in their name.
- 12/30/2013: Corrected spelling mistakes and added information about the shout box.
- 8/21/2015: Added missing Eywatsyìp post rank to the list