teTex on the LN server

Started by Toruk Makto, September 30, 2013, 05:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baritone

I have compiled a dictionary with Computer Modern Unicode fonts. This font includes symbols for all that is required for the dictionary in any language, including the IPA transcription. In order to enable the font, referring to it by file name, use the following commands
% _LANGUAGE_PACKAGES_
\usepackage{polyglossia} % in place of babel
\setdefaultlanguage{russian}

% Setting Computer Modern Unicode font as default
\setmainfont
[BoldFont = cmunrb.otf ,
ItalicFont = cmunti.otf ,
BoldItalicFont = cmunbi.otf ]
{cmunrm.otf}

\usepackage{needspace}

% _ADDITIONAL_PACKAGES_

cmunrm.otf , cmunrb.otf , cmunti.otf and cmunbi.otf files is unicode fonts, that includes all the characters for all languages ​​and IPA transcription. One can set up language speciffic hyphenation rules with \setdefaultlanguage{russian} command.

The differences in the font style used in the old English dictionary (compiled with pdflatex), and Computer Modern fonts, in my opinion, are insignificant, they can be seen only if much closer look. Another difference - there is no macros in xelatex that substitute two hyphens to dashes. These macros can be done by yourself, or it is possible to insert dashes in place of double hyphens.

In my opinion, we have got everything ready to replace pdflatex with xelatex.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I gave you your first karma point for all you have done to make this work!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

baritone

Thank you.
Do you have already success with compilation your dictionaries with xelatex?

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I have not tried. I may have some time this weekend, but much depends on what other things are happening. Most importantly, I need to  extract a LaTeX file to try.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]