Na'vi Skype and IRC

Started by Antony, December 22, 2009, 08:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antony

I have set-up a public Skype chat for discussion if Na'vi. This allows everyone to talk to each other as well as type. Hopefully it will prove useful in learning Na'vi.

Just paste this link into your browser to open the Na'vi Discussion Skype room:

Quoteskype:?chat&blob=Cjp7chOMvie0_EEneZ96MhA-Vtq1bvpsjknXbgz_2SR9eWrbUUzwwnV6_eoifa7OtBzR_hA3uJDdzqE04vrNMAPgsaw3x3-cqIctbeLj_liSgLoNUXT17R7mXdL-dG1_MWEiwGIwUqPjfdT15muOSzzUWP3wKjJ9gLpJd2U4xiRVq-54zEeI1puVNn8ZIw

Chat guidelines can be obtained by typing the following command in-chat:

Quote/get guidelines

Guidelines also contain codes for special characters in Windows and GNOME desktop environments :)

(EDITED post and changed URI. Not sure why it had changed. Much longer now, so make sure to copy the whole thing!)

Taronyu

For those of you with an IRC client:

Server: irc.learnnavi.org port 6667
Room: #Na'vi

EDIT (Thanks, Tiri!):
It is also possible to connect to the IRC server via webchat. http://www.mibbit.com is a webchat provider that is supporting learnnavi.org. Please note that connections via Mibbit and other webchat applications are not "cloaked" on IRC and your IP address or hostname will be visible. If that is a problem, just use an IRC client application like mIRC (see below). All non-webchat connections are cloaked and will not reveal your IP address.

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on January 03, 2010, 05:34:11 PM
After some valuable feedback from several users on the current IRC resource, it is pretty apparent that we need a little more functionality than the current EFnet service can provide. To create as user-friendly and secure IRC environment as possible, I have spun up a dedicated IRC server complete with the most popular services on my big hardware in Houston and Seabass has graciously added a record in the learnnavi.org domain for us. I would like to migrate to this new server from the current #na'vi channel on EFnet as soon as I can get some webchats lined up for it. Right now, mibbit does have us in the list. If you want to go ahead and get your user and nickname info registered and have an IRC client application like mIRC, you can connect now and get yourself set up.
Kaltì, ma tsmukan ulte tsmuke,

The server name is irc.learnnavi.org, port number 6667. There are userserv, nickserv and chanserv services on it so we don't get confusing conflicts of nicknames and channels.  For help on how to use the services, just type:
  /msg userserv help
  /msg nickserv help
  /msg chanserv help

This will return a brief list of the commands and what they do.  I was going to name the services in their Na'vi translation, but alas, the ì and ä are apparently not understood by the server  ::)

Anyway, more info will be forthcoming, so stay tuned!

Eywa ngahu,
- Txepäsiyu

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

I seem to sit on IRC a lot these days. It's a really good chat program using the mIRC interface: there are downloadable apps for it for all platforms. Come join! It'd be really cool to have a real-time chat program, that really helps in learning a language.

Should be good to see you all there.

We used to have a room on freenode: I've decided to close this, as it had no ops or mods.

Quote from: Txepäsiyu on December 30, 2009, 11:11:02 AM
FYI, a popular IRC client for PC is mIRC .

You can download it at http://www.mirc.com.  Install and run. Type '/server irc.learnnavi.org' to connect to the IRC network server. Then type '/join #na'vi' to join the chat room. It's pretty easy to use.
-Txepäsiyu

Tiri

If you aren't interested in downloading a client, you can easily access IRC servers on the web via http://www.mibbit.com :)

Tirealì'u

Win. I have (yet another) a new home on IRC! :-)

Edit: although I feel a touch lonely right now, there. :-)

Payoang

And just as I was about to set one up on irchighway-thanks! Also, stiicky.

Antony

Just as a reminder, we now have a audio conversation of about 15 people right now on skype (you can type too).

http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=69.0

Tsamsiyu Tirea

great i added you in my contacts.

irayo tse'a nga.
awsiteng ayoeng tsun.

Sarkath

*facepalm* I accidentally hit the "leave Group" button earlier today and now I cannot rejoin. :'(

But maybe you guys would rather have it that way...Haha

Ptxèrra

the computer used for skype is now under repair, i might join tonight if my pc is repaired.
Oel ayngati kameie i was there

remember power corrups, absolute power..... is a whole lot of fun.
Sheepies: They just eat grass until something kills them,  it might as well be you!!

Lora'txum

It might help if there was some way to know if people are on the chat. Like, certain times of day that people can be on, etc. I don't wanna try and get on and be all by my lonesome!! :P
Eywa ngahu.

Lora'txum
Beautiful(ADJ) Poison(SUB)
Pretty Poison ie - The closest I could get our current vocab to say "Plague", my usual online handle.

Eywayä mokri

There is always someone there, believe me. ;)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Sarkath

Yeah, at 5:30 in the morning, my time...Haha.

Brainiac

There's usually quite a bit of activity from 9pm to 1am GMT :)
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Antony

Quote from: Brainiac on December 24, 2009, 04:01:22 AM
There's usually quite a bit of activity from 9pm to 1am GMT :)

That is when most people were on last night definitely.

Quote from: Sarkath on December 24, 2009, 12:58:24 AM
*facepalm* I accidentally hit the "leave Group" button earlier today and now I cannot rejoin. :'(

But maybe you guys would rather have it that way...Haha

What is your Skype name? I'll add you.

Seze

We should make a Na'vi name for Skype.  Maybe something like Skxaype

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Eywayä mokri

Quote from: Seze on December 24, 2009, 11:05:58 AM
We should make a Na'vi name for Skype.  Maybe something like Skxaype

Lol why not. :)

Skxaypxe ^^ ( so difficult to say...)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Eywa mokriyä on December 24, 2009, 11:09:11 AM
Quote from: Seze on December 24, 2009, 11:05:58 AM
We should make a Na'vi name for Skype.  Maybe something like Skxaype

Lol why not. :)

Skxaypxe ^^ ( so difficult to say...)

LOL!
私は太った男だ。

Étienne

Hmm never used this program before but looking forward to figuring it out. Need someone to speak Na'vi with.  ;D

Nume fpi sänume

Due to my horrid satellite internet and its VOIP pings of 2800+ (oh Ventrillo, i miss you), I'll join in just to listen, since if i try to respond to anything i hear i'll be like 3-5 mins behind in the conversation. Probably in the next week or so. Very busy this week as im sure most of us are.

Antony

Just to let everyone know, we are currently hosting voice chats seperately from the public chat, due to Skype old version restrictions as some people are using it on macs and stuff. So, if you wish to join the voice chat, please just ask and you will recieve an invite :)