New Gallery

Started by Toruk Makto, October 06, 2015, 03:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

The current gallery mod is older than I am * and has cobwebs and dust on it. We are going to try to upgrade to a modern version (SMFPacks Media Gallery) and convert the existing uploaded content. The upgrade will be tested on an offline testbed to make sure everything works before being applied here. More details to come...

-Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Toliman

:) :)

QuoteThe current gallery mod is older than I am *
HRH  ;D

Vawmataw

QuoteThe current gallery mod is older than I am
;D

The work you guys have done is amazing! Thank you for keeping the Kelutral in a good state!
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Now, all we need is an antimissle battery in case the RDA decides to attack ;)

This site doesn't use Aveya Media, does it?

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tìtstewan

Nope, it doesn't use Aeva Media. Aeva Media is old as well and should not be used anymore. The video embedding module we currently use is a completely different one that use more modern stuff (HTML5) for embedding. The lastest Aeva Media mod contains a gallery and an embedding system in one package. LN1 used a predecessor of the Aeva Media system where the media embedding and the gallery were separete modifications. Currently, LN2 uses the old gallery module that is originally from the LN1 that I have modified to get it working on LN2...

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

QuoteThe current gallery mod is older than I am *

OMGHRH  ;D ;D
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Tìtstewan

I just going to mentioning some stuff about the gallery upgrade in order to let you all know that the LN administators are still working on it.

Upgrading the gallery is by far not easy, especially if the top priority lies on keeping all the stuff like they are without having mess. Also, a gallery should be usable for the members which makes it extra difficult to get a successor for our gallery mobule that is from the time of the first songs and beyond.

There is a demo site by the author of the modification and maybe you could take a look on it and post your opinions/thoughts about it?
http://smfhacks.com/demos/index.php?action=gallery

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Plumps

What happens to the audio files?

I just noticed that the audio tracks that have been saved in the folder for the Na'vi Nì'aw Audio Chat Thread are no longer playeable... :(

Tìtstewan

The gallery is "offline" untill the file transfere has been compleded. The audio files you mentioning are safe.

The file importer does not worked very well and failed importing audio/video files and some albums. I have to upload ALL missing files (1100+) **manually**, and fix the ownership of the files. A bit patience, ma smuk.

All audio files in the "Audio Files for Audio Chat in Na'vi" album/category has been reuploaded at 5am (GMT+1)...

Btw, with the opening of the new gallery, ALL old gallery links won't work.

EDIT: Which audio files do you mean exactly?

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: archaic on November 07, 2015, 07:00:40 AM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 07, 2015, 04:06:04 AM
The gallery is "offline"
:'(  :'(
Huh? Don't worry, no data lost. :)

So...
Zombie-Tìtstewan has been awake for 25 hours... :o :o :o I have to get some sleep. I'll continue, working in a couple of hours (apparently 9h or 10h)...

Toliman

QuoteZombie-Tìtstewan
;D ;D HRH

So good sleeping for you  :)

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

QuoteZombie-Tìtstewan
HRH ;D

Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 07, 2015, 09:28:50 AM
Tìtstewan has been awake for 25 hours... :o :o :o I have to get some sleep. I'll continue, working in a couple of hours (apparently 9h or 10h)...
You have enough sleep now so back to work!*
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Blue Elf

The gallery is "offline" untill the file transfere has been compleded. The audio files you mentioning are safe.

Hmm, is there a way to find correct new link to gallery item when I know old link? I have some image linked in my signature, but it doesn't work now, as you said.
I have also some posts with links to gallery, but I don't think I'm able to find them to correct them. Meh...
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

archaic

Nope, not presently, the whole lot is not on line at all just now.

QuoteZombie-Tìtstewan
Must not eat Zombie-Tìtstewan. Must not eat. Must not eat.

Must not eat after frying off in olive oil with a little garlic and shallots. Must not eat after adding red wine and seasonal vegetables after searing the ruffly cubed meat on all sides. Must not eat after leaving to simmer, or serving with hot, freshly baked crusty french bread torn into hunks, and a glass of red wine.
Must not eat .....
Must not .....
Must ..... I'm off to KFC before the Gallery is lost for ever. It's for the good of the community!

;)  ;D
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Quote from: archaic on November 07, 2015, 02:37:27 PM
QuoteZombie-Tìtstewan

Must not eat after frying off in olive oil with a little garlic and shallots. Must not eat after adding red wine and seasonal vegetables after searing the ruffly cubed meat on all sides. Must not eat after leaving to simmer, or serving with hot, freshly baked crusty french bread torn into hunks, and a glass of red wine.
Must not eat .....
Must not .....
Must ..... I'm off to KFC before the Gallery is lost for ever. It's for the good of the community!

;)  ;D

;D ;D HRH  ;D ;D

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Blue Elf on November 07, 2015, 12:31:07 PM

Hmm, is there a way to find correct new link to gallery item when I know old link? I have some image linked in my signature, but it doesn't work now, as you said.
I have also some posts with links to gallery, but I don't think I'm able to find them to correct them. Meh...
For around 4000 images one can use the old ID of images:
Code (Old links) Select
http://forum.learnnavi.org/MGalleryItem.php?id=2201
Code (New link) Select
http://forum.learnnavi.org/gallery/albums/LearnNavi/Dir_1/main_2201.jpg
But as you see, there is .../albumname/... and the file extension follows the ID.
And for the other 1000 items, as I have to re-upload them, they will get a completely new ID...

I totally know that all the old links will not work, but somewhere one have to make a difficult step to move forward. I would suggest to fix links of the important items like learning recources. I believe, the majority of the links are in the Spam section, particulary in the meme thread, 90k2 monster thread etc.

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on November 07, 2015, 10:46:32 AM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 07, 2015, 09:28:50 AM
Tìtstewan has been awake for 25 hours... :o :o :o I have to get some sleep. I'll continue, working in a couple of hours (apparently 9h or 10h)...
You have enough sleep now so back to work!*
Quote from: archaic on November 07, 2015, 02:37:27 PM
QuoteZombie-Tìtstewan

Must not eat .....
Must not .....

;)  ;D
HRH.png

Tìtstewan

An idea occured me! If it works, the gallery will be available in about 4-5 hours. I have to test that in the VM immediately.
Damn, idea doesn't work... Will continue as I did...

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ma Tìtstewan, Although I have perhaps just one item in the gallery, I definitely feel your pain. Good luck straightening this all out!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Vawmataw

Can someone help you (not necessarily me lol)?
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu