Registration Problems

Started by Eaite Randjam, February 07, 2010, 10:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eaite Randjam

I've tried to get a friend of mine to join the forums here, but he's having trouble with registration.  He tells me that he was rejected but I can't figure out why.  I thought it might be the name he used, but the name isn't vulgar or anything.  Help please?

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Have you tried making the account for him? Might just be a problem on his end.

Eaite Randjam

Funny how stuff like this works.  He's registered now.

Irayo!

Nume fpi sänume

The filtering system we use tags multiple IP hits as possible spam, so unless you tell us, there is a good chance that the "extra account" from the same IP is going to get rejected. Contact one of us if your thinking about making another account from the same IP.

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on February 08, 2010, 12:55:14 AM
The filtering system we use tags multiple IP hits as possible spam, so unless you tell us, there is a good chance that the "extra account" from the same IP is going to get rejected. Contact one of us if your thinking about making another account from the same IP.
Well, an hour ago I just logged off my account and made one for my friend with no problem.  (That account is now in complete use by the friend on the other side of the United States, by the way).

So that's good for me and my friend, but might be bad for you all as it may cause loopholes.

Although, I registered last month so my IP might have changed since I registered.

Nume fpi sänume

IP isnt our only filter :P thats just the one that i thought might be causing the issue.