Saving Drafts

Started by Tìtstewan, October 18, 2015, 07:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ma smuk,

Some members suggested to have draft, so I just installed a little mod that opens the possibility to save your post or thread as draft before posting it later.

One little thing: do not use it in the LEP anon board, it won't post your message anonymously there.

You can find your drafts here:

-ta Titstewan :toruk:

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Eana Unil

Finally! Txantsan nì'aw! :) +1

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

+1 also from me  :)

Very useful  :)

Tìtstewan

Tstunwi, ma smuk! :D
I hope it serves you well. :D

---

And Irayo to the person who has added this to the LEP "start here" post! :)
Quote7. Do not use the "Save as Draft" option when posting. Your post will not be added anonymously and will be removed.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Plumps

Sorry for the necro ...  :-X

Would it also be possible to add this option to the personal message tool?

Toliman

Maybe it would be useful :)

Tìtstewan

I'll have to check the modification wherther it has a possibility to safe a draft also in PM mode.

EDIT:
The draft modification is not designed to save draft in PM mode because the mechanism of it is working differently. :(

Little pseudo-workround: send a PM yourself, OR classical way, use a text editor and write a PM there then copy-past it, OR just abuse the draft mod but just copy-past your text from the draft editor to the PM final text and delete the draft after PM has been sent. :)

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Plumps on December 20, 2015, 06:20:53 AM
Would it also be possible to add this option to the personal message tool?
I just see a possibility for that: SMF 2.1 (Beta 3) has draft included that let one have PM draft (plus auto safe) and I could backport that feature like that https/SSL thing too.
At the moment, I don't know how much effort it will take to backport that.

Tirea Aean

WOAH. Sorry for massive lateness :o

I have only JUST NOW seen this thread. +1 ma Tìtstewan for the awesomeness thereof. :D

I think it would be cool to have this feature for PMs as well, but the following workarounds are sufficient for me for now because I think that backport will just be mostly backpain. ;D

• Send a PM to myself
  • Use Text editor then paste the text and send it as PM when it's ready
  • Use the Post-reply Draft mod, and copy paste send that as PM when ready, then delete draft

Tìtstewan

Tstunwi! :)

Unfortunately, it takes too much effort to backport it. :(
It was already a pain in the txìm to backport the SSL/https image proxy. One, perhaps, will have to wait for SMF 2.1.x that has these features already (posts, PMs and auto-save) built in.

Toliman

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 02, 2017, 09:14:21 PM
I think it would be cool to have this feature for PMs as well, but the following workarounds are sufficient for me for now because I think that backport will just be mostly backpain. ;D

• Send a PM to myself
  • Use Text editor then paste the text and send it as PM when it's ready
  • Use the Post-reply Draft mod, and copy paste send that as PM when ready, then delete draft
This I still use too ;D
It's sufficient for me too however possibility of it for PMs would be better.

Plumps

The following problem occurs while I want to write a message and click on "Preview", I get the error message:

QuoteThe following error(s) occurred while posting this message:
The message body has been left empty.

I tried saving it as draft and going back to it later but the same thing happens again.

What does that mean? What can I do?

Tirea Aean

Do you click preview before writing anything? That's what it seems to be complaining about, by what the error message says

via LG-K550 (Tapatalk)

Plumps

No, I had a full text in the box with editing etc.

Nevermind, it seems to have gone away. Preview works. Work commences :P

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Plumps on March 01, 2017, 10:42:42 AM
No, I had a full text in the box with editing etc.

Nevermind, it seems to have gone away. Preview works. Work commences :P

Cool. :D

I feel like I've seen that error before too but it didn't prevent me from posting or further attempts to preview post afterwards o.o ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

via LG-K550 (Tapatalk)