Site Design / Layout help!

Started by Payoang, December 23, 2009, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karyu Amawey

Hey, I remember someone at some point mentioning something about a mascot?  For some reason I can't load up the mascot I drew, but is that something that is still in the workings?
Oel ayngati kameie

Eywayä mokri

Quote from: Karyu Amawey on January 01, 2010, 09:49:11 PM
Hey, I remember someone at some point mentioning something about a mascot?  For some reason I can't load up the mascot I drew, but is that something that is still in the workings?

This is still a WIP yeah, so don't hesitate to show us something. ;)

@Pxìllan: Yes they are magical glyphs or something like that, I remember having this brush set in photoshop. :)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Na'viyä Tsamsiyu

To bad we don't have a Na'vi written language to put i the background like that. Think Frommer will invent one?
Want to bring Na'Vi to X-Box live? Send a friend request to "SR Raptor 50" with the word Na'Vi attatched to it! I hope to have at least one friend who i can chat with in Na'Vi. Irayo, Ewya Ngahu. -Raptor

mO_Tan

Quote from: SR Raptor on January 02, 2010, 02:27:41 PM
To bad we don't have a Na'vi written language to put i the background like that. Think Frommer will invent one?

doubt it :-\

he already said that Na'vi isnt a written language, and that he doesnt intend for there to be a writen form of it.

someone did mention somewhere on the forum that they are drawing something up (just for the fun of it), but i dont know what happened to them. haha

i personally think Na'vi should have a written form  :P pure awesomness!
"Guys, come on. Whats wrong with this picture? Wheres my cigerette?"

Hufwe Makto

meh... too much to learn. it would be like mandarin (Chinese) which has over 4000 characters. you need to know at least 2000 to be able to read even the most simple stuff...

Barontom

Sebastian did you get my e- mail ?
Thomas

Na'viyä Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Hufwe Makto on January 02, 2010, 03:13:55 PM
meh... too much to learn. it would be like mandarin (Chinese) which has over 4000 characters. you need to know at least 2000 to be able to read even the most simple stuff...

Im in mandarin chinese class (2 years now), and yes, there is a Shiz load of characters, but i just think Na'Vi would have some sort of alphabet (unlike china), and i think it would be a beautiful writing, just to compliment the language itself. 
Want to bring Na'Vi to X-Box live? Send a friend request to "SR Raptor 50" with the word Na'Vi attatched to it! I hope to have at least one friend who i can chat with in Na'Vi. Irayo, Ewya Ngahu. -Raptor

sefuheron

Na'vi should remain a spoken language. The people have no need for a written language, in part because of their link to Eywa. We can easily translate it into latin characters for us to read, but the language should be spoken, no written.
That's my thoughts.

This is off topic, move alphabet discussion to the thread. Do a search.
Yom yom yom. Txonti swiräl.

Hufwe Makto

yeah i think it would make some things easier i guess. it would completely remove those pesky tx, px, kx. every different sound would have a symbol. also i think that the fact that  the language is not written emphasizes the fact that the Na'vi are very primitive, pre-historic by our standards (without a written language) and still managed to own the humans, with the help of Eywa.

geezbones

I don't know if someone already offered but I can help with translating things into Spanish. I'm from Argentina.  Also, the separate sites for each language thing could be useful. Or in the English one there could be like a flag indicating the different languages in case the user wants to switch it. Does it makes any sense?

Sylwanin ean Tanhì

how about a short trace of bio luminescence wherever the mouse goes?
well... since I've tried to stop my interest from waning and it has been impossible here cuz People are discriminate. I'm in no need of the forum to learn na'vi.

txum tukru

sounds awesome!

what about this: http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=22 - to stop the constant refresh of the pages! (block guests)
pesu nga?          "who are you?"
Oe lu toktor.       "the Doctor!"
pesu?                "who?"
nì'aw, toktor.       "just, the Doctor!"

Eywayä mokri

Do we have some news about a new layout coming soon? :)

Night Raider

Quote from: Eywayä mokri on January 05, 2010, 09:36:03 AM
Do we have some news about a new layout coming soon? :)

Also, I was thinking of skinning the forum, but with no idea wheher or not SMF will stay here I'm kinda hesitant... need an answer to this as well.
Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?

Eywayä mokri

Yep we need to know what's going on before making new stuff. :)

Aperture

I didn't come here for a few days. What did I miss?

Which rank titles did you choose now?

Na'viyä Tsamsiyu

Heres a great idea, make a similar threads link at the bottom of every forum topic so it cuts down on some of the repetitive questions.

Taronyuakawng

Hey I saw a nice layout design in this topic (page 5).

You can have transparent PNG's in IE6, you just need to use proper CSS hacks. I could help you with that :)
I have much knowledge about HTML/CSS, and hacks for all possible browsers, so If thats the only thing stoping this layout then mail meh! :)

[email protected]

Poland, Warsaw

TompaSkxawng

Just a test

Just noticed this thread and watched in and thought about join layout team because iw been working on CSS / Javascript / HTML and VBScript for a few years now  ;)

Below is a little code modification with help of (G)Chrome editor in just 5 Min, had a rush to eat  :)

I made some notes for you guys to see what i changed

Note: Javascript below

change spacing tables: for(var i = 0; i<document.getElementsByClassName("tborder").length; i++) { document.getElementsByClassName("tborder").item(i).style.marginTop = "7px"; }

change background: document.body.background = "http://www.surrealaward.com/avatar/imagevideo/fanartluma01.jpg";

And some more Tweaks
Will be back tomorow fixing some more  ;D
Nice layout tho Pxìllan(page 5)

Quote from: Pxìllan on December 30, 2009, 05:15:56 PM
Now I just finished my version of a forum design.

Here we go:  ;)
----------

For those that have Windows Vista or later, i got great news -> Windows sidebar gadget with Eng - Na'vi word outputter.
More info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtc5VjhMIlo

mO_Tan

oh my FFFUUU... thats really awesome!  :o

all the colours and everything... its just like.. wow!
"Guys, come on. Whats wrong with this picture? Wheres my cigerette?"