Site Design / Layout help!

Started by Payoang, December 23, 2009, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brainiac

Quote from: Taronyu on December 29, 2009, 10:48:28 AM
Quote from: Cybi on December 29, 2009, 07:55:06 AM
How about these?

1-25 ketuwong (alien) or tawtute (sky-person)
25-50 uniltìrantokx (avatar/dreamwalker-body)
50-100 Omatikaya (na'vi)
100-200 taronyu (hunter)
200-300
300-400
400-500
500-750
750-1000
1000-1500 toruk makto
1500+ olo'eyktan (clan-leader)[/table]

Something like this? :P

1-49 ketuwong (alien)
50-99 tawtute (sky-person)
100-199 uniltìrantokx (avatar/dreamwalker-body)
200-300 'eveng (child)
300-400 tute (person)
400-500 Omatikaya (na'vi)
500-750 taronyu (hunter)
750-1000 ikran makto
1000-1500 olo'eyktan (clan leader)
1500+ tarok makto
5000+ palalukan makto

How about that?
sounds awesome.
But is palalukan more important than toruk? after all, Toruk is the highest creature...
how about...
Uniltìrantokx Eywayä, with that title only being available for one person?
Or for the global admins?
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Taronyu

But the palalukan was only ridden once, that we know of.

And come on, it's pretty bad kawng-txìm (bad-ass :P)

Aperture

Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on December 29, 2009, 11:11:37 AM
how about...

What does it mean again? :P

I think the highest titles should be clan leader (olo'eyktan) and shaman (Forgot what it's called. What Neytiri's mother is)!
Toruk Makto is lower than a clan leader in my opinion even though Toruk Makto is a legend.

Brainiac

Quote from: Cybi on December 29, 2009, 11:44:13 AM
Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on December 29, 2009, 11:11:37 AM
how about...

What does it mean again? :P

I think the highest titles should be clan leader (olo'eyktan) and shaman (Forgot what it's called. What Neytiri's mother is)!
Toruk Makto is lower than a clan leader in my opinion even though Toruk Makto is a legend.
that would be: Avatar of Eywa
And I think most of the people here believe that Toruk Makto is the most awesome person in the whole wide wowld :)

Taronyu

Quote from: Cybi on December 29, 2009, 11:44:13 AM

But he can unite clan leaders. That makes him greater.

I think only Frommer can be Tsa'hik. :D

Aperture

Hmm that's a nice idea!

Haha "The extremely awesome Toruk Makto" ;)

Tsyeymzi

I haven't read the entire thread, so Oe aytsap'aluteyä. (Is that correct?)

Anyway, I know the following is more of a long term goal, but if the admins feel they want to ditch SMF and upgrade to vBulletin, I can assist in the creation of a style. I have been developing vBulletin forums for a few years now and I'm quite good at designing styles. If you guys want to know more, or want some further assistance, just drop me a message.
- The Signature is a Lie -

Tsyeymzi

Well... I'm at my dads... I don't have my main computer... I don't have good internet... I don't have a good setup... So I got bored and did this...

...Yeah, I design websites and play in photoshop when I'm bored.

I really like how it came up, even though it isn't finished. (Missing main content). If you guys wanna try and make a site style yourself, feel free to chop it up ;)

...Yes I know the text isn't correct. If you want to give me the correct phrases for "we see you" as in a forum sense, and "thank you for visiting", I'll amend it, but it probably wont serve much purpose, other than my obsessive compulsive needs, which are in overdrive at the moment thanks to James Cameron and Paul Frommer.

Aperture

@Morsolo
It looks very very nice! But I think the flora would fit better as layout.

Tsyeymzi

Quote from: Cybi on December 30, 2009, 04:16:32 PM
@Morsolo
It looks very very nice! But I think the flora would fit better as layout.

I know exactly what you mean and I even have something in mind... But I can't do it on my laptop :(

Eywayä mokri

It looks nice. :) I am really waiting for the next step. :)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Pxìllan

Now I just finished my version of a forum design.

Here we go:  ;)

Tsyeymzi

Quote from: Pxìllan on December 30, 2009, 05:15:56 PM

That's pretty nice, looks quite SMF compatible. I few problems might come up though.

The header image, you can't stretch it or it will look like crap, so what if you have a large monitor? You'd need to make the style fixed width; and even then, it would be constrained to the header, which you'd have to gradient fade out to the background colour to keep consistency.

Transparency should be avoided (for example, under the forum categories and the welcome box) because there are still many people who use Internet Explorer 6 ... Unfortunately. If you are reading this in IE6... GO GET FIREFOX.

The text that comes over the top for the forum category names (Forum-specific and Lean Na'vi) probably wont work. It would have inconsistency, be a bit of a pain to get working 100% over multiple browsers and on top of that, I feel it doesn't look that good.

...Sorry if I sound like an ass, I have no intention of conveying my tips/opinions that way ;) - It is still a very nice design, as I said, I'm a web designer (albeit not a professional one), so I just have an eye (and mouth) for these types of things.

And as Cybi said, some Flora would probably go real nice. Unfortunately after having a look around, I probably won't be able to do some good stuff until a Blu-Ray Rip is up for downlo-- --legal purchase I mean. :D

Pxìllan

Kaltxì Morsolo,  ;)

Yes, the beackground might be a problem, but you can also place it centered (see attach).
But yes, such design have always a problem with fixed width, so it's very very hard to make %-width.

To the transparency-problem: You can implement this design without using transparent graphics (png) by using JPG-graphics with the background included (see attach).
And in general: I don't pay attention on IE6-users anymore, because when they use it, they do that at their own risk. Really, they should put their IE 6 on the scrap heap. :D And yes, the category names, it was a creative gimmick, I already thought it's hard to implement.

Besides you don't have to apologize, becaue it's your feedback, your opinion, not more, not less. It's good to improve a design, and it's for the community not for me, so feedback is very important. I'm always happy about feedbacks and I have the same problem as you: Can't find nice flora stuff for this design. I could use other sources, but I think it should be from this movie.

Eywa ngahu!

Tsyeymzi

Irayo ... for understanding ... ma Pxillan.

I agree with you 100% about the IE6 thing, personally I don't create anything with it in mind anymore. But what you got to remember is, if the admins here want your design, they are like the customer and they want visitors. If I'm a visitor with IE6, I get here and the site is messed up, I'll leave. My latest (personal) website is done with all PNGs and Div coding (no tables), so in FireFox, Opera and Safari is looks brilliant. Open ANY version of Internet Explorer and it's YUCK.

Can we start calling it "Internet Explore-ang-r"? (Showing disgust and anger about it? haha)

And I know what you mean about the Flora thing, I spent the past hour of so looking for some usable stuff... Nothing. I was thinking of trying to extract models from the Avatar game, but I don't think it would have the same effect as the movie.

Eywa ngahu.

Eywayä mokri

Well, the latest design is really nice too. :) Great work guys.
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Brainiac

Quote from: Pxìllan on December 30, 2009, 06:13:38 PM
Kaltxì Morsolo,  ;)

Yes, the beackground might be a problem, but you can also place it centered (see attach).
But yes, such design have always a problem with fixed width, so it's very very hard to make %-width.

To the transparency-problem: You can implement this design without using transparent graphics (png) by using JPG-graphics with the background included (see attach).
And in general: I don't pay attention on IE6-users anymore, because when they use it, they do that at their own risk. Really, they should put their IE 6 on the scrap heap. :D And yes, the category names, it was a creative gimmick, I already thought it's hard to implement.

Besides you don't have to apologize, becaue it's your feedback, your opinion, not more, not less. It's good to improve a design, and it's for the community not for me, so feedback is very important. I'm always happy about feedbacks and I have the same problem as you: Can't find nice flora stuff for this design. I could use other sources, but I think it should be from this movie.

Eywa ngahu!

Really loving this!!!

Beduino

Quote from: Pxìllan on December 30, 2009, 05:15:56 PM

I loved it! The mistakes that need to be correct and concerned I leave to you guys, Idk about that stuff.

But the work in general, Loved it! :D

bad, bad grammar. no doughnuts for you.
tsun ngal tslam fì'uti srak?

Pxìllan

Now I took the feedbacks in my mind and I gonna try to improve this design.

I'll work out the headline, too.

Eywa ngahu!

Here, the first concept for the Forum/Community Logotype:
(Attention, big size)

Na'viyä Tsamsiyu

As an improvement/update, the pocket guide contains some errors that may confuse people and was brought to my attention here http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=578.0

So if someone could update the guide for the new year that would be cool, just makes things easier.
Want to bring Na'Vi to X-Box live? Send a friend request to "SR Raptor 50" with the word Na'Vi attatched to it! I hope to have at least one friend who i can chat with in Na'Vi. Irayo, Ewya Ngahu. -Raptor