Main Menu

Stars?

Started by Kxani, February 04, 2010, 09:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kxani

What do the stars come from? One star, two stars.. I thought it had something with rank but Iv'e seen different ranks with same staring.. Just wanät to understand the system. Thanks! :)

Suteyä Hawnuyu

The amounts of stars you have depends on your rank. As for the fact that there are some rankings with the same star, I think that's just the way it is. There's really no explanation for it. :P
Suteyä Hawnuyu te Gay'tä Muiä-Eyaye'ite

Étienne

Quote from: Suteyä Hawnuyu on February 04, 2010, 09:38:58 AM
The amounts of stars you have depends on your rank. As for the fact that there are some rankings with the same star, I think that's just the way it is. There's really no explanation for it. :P

Different colors also play a role in the stars.

Kxani

Hehe ok, then I see.

Seze

There are more ranks than there are stars, so every so many ranks you get an additional star.  Moderators get all stars automatically since they are awesome...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Seze on February 04, 2010, 03:11:51 PM
There are more ranks than there are stars, so every so many ranks you get an additional star.  Moderators get all stars automatically since they are awesome...

Most of us would have 5 stars at this point anyway but, thanks!  8) ;D

Tengfya swizaw

Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 04, 2010, 04:27:48 PM
Quote from: Seze on February 04, 2010, 03:11:51 PM

Most of us would have 5 stars at this point anyway but, thanks!  8) ;D

That's another thing that bugs me. How is it that Ye Mods can amass such a plethora of posts in such a short amount of time (even when they're older and have, supposedly, "less free time") when us minor members hover in the lower to mid hundreds?

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

Toruk Makto

We have no life.

It's sad.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Eaite Randjam

well, the moderators are usually posting in almost every topic, plus they've been here nearly since the beginning of the forums.  They are very dedicated members of this community and I'm glad they are our mods.

Shall we lock this topic?  The original Q appears to be answered.

;D

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Eaite Randjam on February 04, 2010, 07:29:42 PM
well, the moderators are usually posting in almost every topic, plus they've been here nearly since the beginning of the forums.  They are very dedicated members of this community and I'm glad they are our mods.

Shall we lock this topic?  The original Q appears to be answered.

;D

naw, no point locking unless it's old or off topic. But, yes, the question does seem to be answered.

guest2859

I think that the LearnNa'vi forums could use a star change. I've administrated like a million of these forums and I'm very experienced. This site has every usuable star in the SMF forums. I'd encourage:

Invert-
Cyan-
vB Style-

Those are just the basic ones. There are a lot more, but I don't really like the default stars.

Nume fpi sänume

Quote from: Txontoruk on February 07, 2010, 09:40:13 PM
I think that the LearnNa'vi forums could use a star change. I've administrated like a million of these forums and I'm very experienced. This site has every usuable star in the SMF forums. I'd encourage:

Invert-
Cyan-
vB Style-

Those are just the basic ones. There are a lot more, but I don't really like the default stars.

This would be something for the "site suggestions" area. I like the idea, though it would be hard for it to reach the right people sitting here :)

Quote from: Tengfya swizaw on February 04, 2010, 04:36:56 PM
That's another thing that bugs me. How is it that Ye Mods can amass such a plethora of posts in such a short amount of time (even when they're older and have, supposedly, "less free time") when us minor members hover in the lower to mid hundreds?

Personally, i try to reply to all the topics in the areas I mod, even if its just a follow up to make sure a project hasn't stalled out, or to check on progress if it hasn't been heard from lately. I'm sure Ftiafpi will have some witty "mr copy and past" comment to add, but i ignore his reality and substitute my own. Anyways, that's why my count is high.

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on February 08, 2010, 01:02:37 AM
I'm sure Ftiafpi will have some witty "mr copy and past" comment to add, but i ignore his reality and substitute my own.
*sips tea* I believe it's "I reject your reality and substitute my own."  ;)

I'd be totally up for an aesthetic change around here.  I've seen that some people have come up with new looks for the forums and some of them I like.  These stars should definitely be part of an aesthetic overhaul if the idea takes root.

Nume fpi sänume

I'm just going to say well played. Anyways, yeah I would love to see some graphical change as well, but change is slow coming since our admins and even us mods have all seemed to pick up a busy schedule recently :P Ah well, we've got things in the works, dont worry :D

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on February 08, 2010, 01:17:55 AM
I'm just going to say well played. Anyways, yeah I would love to see some graphical change as well, but change is slow coming since our admins and even us mods have all seemed to pick up a busy schedule recently :P Ah well, we've got things in the works, dont worry :D

:P

On a more serious note, yeah I find about 50% of my posts are follow ups to things I've posted earlier or replies to quick questions and what not.

Étienne

And this question has been answered as so to keep things clean