Official Na'vi Dictionary

Started by Tirea Aean, May 23, 2011, 11:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze

Quote from: Toruk Makto on July 10, 2017, 04:51:33 PM
Dictionary has been updated to 13.5.  Seze: Please note I have added new source ident 'D' for Disney.

Cool! My system builds everything dynamically so it should get picked up next time I run it. I've made a lot of progress though over the last week or two. Getting close to having most of the database processed, and I think I may even be able to turn it into a complete EE replacement at some point. Once I get the database fully converted, I'm going to play around with generating the PDF files using the new database schema. At this point I'm feeling fairly confident that I should be able to generate an identical PDF file, its more of an issue of how hard it's going to be understand all the perl scripts involved and the time needdd to rewrite them.

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Toruk Makto

The latest word list download appears to have broken the Android app.

Toruk Makto

Added new proper name from Disney: Swotu Wayä.  New version is 13.51

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Toruk Makto on July 12, 2017, 12:19:49 PM
I don't think it was you.

NaviData.sql amd all the Eana Eltu stuff seems to be intact.

The application .sqlite database however has become blank on Production server. As we know, Seze has been working on a new system for the app database. Perhaps Seze began to change things on the learnnaviapp.com server but something isn't complete or functioning correctly yet.

Pokx @Seze

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Seze

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 12, 2017, 02:00:26 PM
Quote from: Toruk Makto on July 12, 2017, 12:19:49 PM
I don't think it was you.

NaviData.sql amd all the Eana Eltu stuff seems to be intact.

The application .sqlite database however has become blank on Production server. As we know, Seze has been working on a new system for the app database. Perhaps Seze began to change things on the learnnaviapp.com server but something isn't complete or functioning correctly yet.

Pokx @Seze

I haven't touched any production processes.  Not sure what happened. I'm looking into it now though.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Toruk Makto on July 10, 2017, 04:51:33 PM
Dictionary has been updated to 13.5.  Seze: Please note I have added new source ident 'D' for Disney.

Tewti nang

Now, I suppose we are going to need a Na'vi word for 'Mickey Mouse' ;)

Lu kifkey ahì'i nì'i'a ;)

Ma Seze, if you come for a replacement for EE, I should have you work on one that will work for Dothraki and Valyrian.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Seze

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on July 12, 2017, 04:25:39 PM
Ma Seze, if you come for a replacement for EE, I should have you work on one that will work for Dothraki and Valyrian.

I think what I've done so far should work with other languages just fine.  Nothing is Na'vi specific so far.  :)

Also, I'm at a loss on the mobile app dictionary.  I even rolled back the updates I did a month or so ago, thinking that was the issue.  It gets the data from LN.org just fine, processes it, but when it goes to dump it to CSV files for importing into the SQLite database, none of the CSV files are being created.

Seze

I just uploaded an older database file from early June.  It should hopefully get data back into the app again.  Still trying to figure out why this isn't working anymore...  ???

Seze

Quote from: Seze on July 12, 2017, 05:29:46 PM
I just uploaded an older database file from early June.  It should hopefully get data back into the app again.  Still trying to figure out why this isn't working anymore...  ???

Ok, its working again...  Silent errors are so much fun...  >:(

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Seze on July 12, 2017, 05:42:41 PM
Quote from: Seze on July 12, 2017, 05:29:46 PM

Ok, its working again...  Silent errors are so much fun...  >:(
Yay! Nice work :)

Yeah, gotta lobe those

Seze

I was noticing that we define both '--pe+' and 'nì--' twice in the dictionary, once in the main block, and then again in the Other noun inflections block / Derivational Morph Block.  These are the only two entries I've found so far that appear to be defined twice like this.  Can any of our expert grammarians out there comment on this?  I'm starting to realize how much I've forgotten about some of the specifics of grammar now since I was in school...  ???

Tirea Aean

I don't know why affixes are defined in main block if they are defined in an affixes block

Toruk Makto

Possible oversight and I'll look into it.  Good catch!

Seze

Quote from: Toruk Makto on July 16, 2017, 12:58:00 PM
Possible oversight and I'll look into it.  Good catch!

I also noticed that there is a typo in the new Sources added recently.  We now have duplicates: PF,D and PF, D

Tirea Aean

tspìng (one of the words from CdS) has been truncated at and after ì, and is listed as tsp

Seze

Just found some duplicates.  "nì--" is defined twice under id numbers 310 and 873 (using types derivingaffix and derivingaffixN).  Same for "si" under id numbers 447 and 875 (using those same two types as well).  It looks like everything related uses derivingaffixN (13 entries) vs derivingaffix (2 entries).  The derivingaffix entries exist in block 0, but the derivingaffixN are in blocks 4 and 11.  My vote would be to remove the 2 derivingaffix entries and just keep derivingaffixN types going forward.  Thoughts ???

trdrpxplds

Tirea Aean

Quote from: trdrpxplds on August 26, 2017, 12:09:29 AM
Can someone update the dictionary at https://learnnavi.org/navi-vocabulary/ ?
Which confirmed words are missing there?