Official Na'vi Dictionary

Started by Tirea Aean, May 23, 2011, 11:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

Perhaps we could just keep the main block and add a note that word X is a loan word, like lì'upuk [ˈlɪ.ʔu.puk̚] n. (loan word) dictionary? :-\

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 18, 2019, 03:17:13 AM
Perhaps we could just keep the main block and add a note that word X is a loan word, like lì'upuk [ˈlɪ.ʔu.puk̚] n. (loan word) dictionary? :-\

In the Official PDF, The main block version already says this:

Quotelì'upuk: [ˈlɪ.ʔu.puk̚] PF n. dictionary (c.w. from lì'u word and puk book (English loan word))

and the loan words section already says this:

Quotelì'upuk: [ˈlɪ.ʔu.puk̚] PF n. dictionary (loaned from Na'vi / Eng. word book)

:-\

archaic

It isn't worth having a dedicated hybrid word section. Or is it?
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toruk Makto

I say leave it in the main block and add a note in the definition that 'puk' is a loanword.  Then we can remove the loanword entry.  -M.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

eejmensenikbenhet

As puk is already in the loanword section, I wouldn't mind putting lì'upuk in the main block only, as long as in the compound derivation puk is still referred to as a loan word (as is the case right now). This way we can keep the loan word section reserved for words that are completely derived from other languages.

Edit: had a quick look, if we want to implement this as a standard the same should then apply for weptseng, as a compound word it could go in the main block section like this:
weptseng: ["wEp.>tsEN] LN n. website (c.w. from wep web (English loan word) and tseng place)
And then the loan word section would only contain wep.

Toruk Makto

I agree. I'll make these changes.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Toruk Makto on August 31, 2019, 11:10:19 AM
I agree. I'll make these changes.

I also agree. Is EE still dead? If you need a hand manually getting this to show up in the main PDF lemme know.

Toruk Makto

Yeah it is. I will bow low to you if you update.

Tirea Aean

I'll get on it as soon as I can

EDIT: I may as well grab the newest vocab update out on the tail end of 31 Aug :O

http://naviteri.org/2019/08/aawa-lifya-si-lifyavi-amip-a-few-new-words-and-expressions/

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Toruk Makto on August 31, 2019, 01:52:54 PM
Yeah it is. I will bow low to you if you update.

I have manually edited, compiled, and uploaded Na'vi Dictionary 14.2 (NaviDictionary.pdf)

EDIT: I forgot to make these changes:

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on August 31, 2019, 06:24:22 AM
As puk is already in the loanword section, I wouldn't mind putting lì'upuk in the main block only, as long as in the compound derivation puk is still referred to as a loan word (as is the case right now). This way we can keep the loan word section reserved for words that are completely derived from other languages.

Edit: had a quick look, if we want to implement this as a standard the same should then apply for weptseng, as a compound word it could go in the main block section like this:
weptseng: ["wEp.>tsEN] LN n. website (c.w. from wep web (English loan word) and tseng place)
And then the loan word section would only contain wep.

Should I do those now, whenever, or next update?

Toruk Makto

Tirea Aean

I have uploaded a new copy of 14.2 with Change Log on its own page (as it should be), and while I was at it, I  cleaned up weptseng and lì'upuk. (wep and puk are in the loans section, but weptseng and lì'upuk are in main block with notes about wep and puk in their definitions.

Toruk Makto

I've copied it to files.learnnavi.org.

You know, at some point I am going to consolidate eanaeltu/dicts, files, content, s and temp to the same place and point the URLs to it.  Our linked content arrangement is kind of a train wreck right now.

P.A.'li makto

Kaltxì!
Tìpawm:

Editing the Na'vi-Hungarian Dictionary I find this:
"Progress (approximate): 103%"
Wanting to see "Outdated and not translated words", I can see:
"No such word."

It has been like this for several months. Is it possible that there have been no new words put into the dictionary since than? And why it is 103%? I do not get it...

Pam

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Tirea Aean

Eana Eltu is dead. :( We pretty much have to do everything by hand for now. There have been new words but the management system and translation system is broken after the deletion of the Non-Frommer Illegal Words appendix.

What I can do is make a Google Sheet for you, you fill it in and I compile that into the NaviDictionary_hu.pdf and upload. Would that work for you? I may need some time to prepare this.

Vawmataw

While we're here, here's a new word: yìmkxa

You can have access to more details here:
https://forum.learnnavi.org/language-updates/new-object/msg667698/
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

P.A.'li makto

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 11, 2019, 08:25:54 AM
Eana Eltu is dead. :( We pretty much have to do everything by hand for now. There have been new words but the management system and translation system is broken after the deletion of the Non-Frommer Illegal Words appendix.

What I can do is make a Google Sheet for you, you fill it in and I compile that into the NaviDictionary_hu.pdf and upload. Would that work for you? I may need some time to prepare this.

Sure. Thank you.

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

KalaKuival

I would also be interested in keeping the Estonian translation up to date.
Why is EE dead? Are there any plans to fix it or will it remain that way? Can't you restore to previous working version or something?

Tìtstewan

As far as I know, there is a plan to replace EE with a new translation system and its release is at the moment unknown.
Edit: I guess, Mark could explain it better...

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: KalaKuival on November 12, 2019, 10:32:15 AM
I would also be interested in keeping the Estonian translation up to date.
Why is EE dead? Are there any plans to fix it or will it remain that way? Can't you restore to previous working version or something?
Same goes for the Dutch version ;D
But even if I need to compile the file myself, that wouldn't be a problem. Over time I think I've learned most of the syntax.
I can imagine that you're not looking particularly forward to updating every translation yourself, ma TA. :P