Official Na'vi Dictionary

Started by Tirea Aean, May 23, 2011, 11:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawmataw

I wouldn't be against making a French dictionary, but it yoms time
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tirea Aean

Kaltxì ma frapo!

Here are the translation spreadsheets containing all currently untranslated entries, according to my local updated copy of the database.
After you have modified the partOfSpeechLocalized and localized columns, let me know and I will try to generate the corresponding dictionaries as soon as I can. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Deutsch
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_8toQ-s3wqYLiGsaMv7QOZ6C-S_76DMvS3tSig4l9w/edit?usp=sharing

Eesti
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hgyiWepUzDiQsWVxjm8fT016IKlGP3WO9DexgVCRVSg/edit?usp=sharing

Magyar
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nd8bQkMdsJUWI4OaAv6sIsOeZHEmdHZp39z6U8bBpBk/edit?usp=sharing

Nederlands
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lh6-OGExXHoTw7RzI0i10Qi5pcEgT902LwRvCoVm_h8/edit?usp=sharing

For anyone else who wants to update the dictionary for their language, I can easily make such a spreadsheet for you as well.

:ikran: 8)

P.A.'li makto

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Tirea Aean

eejmensenikbenhet

Dutch is done, thank you for doing this! You're doing Eywa's work ma Tirea!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on November 19, 2019, 04:55:48 PM
Dutch is done, thank you for doing this! You're doing Eywa's work ma Tirea!

Irayo! And so are you and the others, for translating and making our dictionary available to more people :D

Toruk Makto

The EE system, although it served its purpose, was a bit arcane and overly-complicated. An attempt to just remove one section from the printed output blew up the linked scripts beyond my ability to repair.  There has been keen interest to replace the system with something a bit simpler and with better localization ability. The LearnNavi server rebuild is complete, so hopefully I can start working on several upgrades to the LN online systems both public and behind the scenes.  In some ways, the sequel delays have been a procrastinator's dream.  :)

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

P.A.'li makto

The Hungarian version is finished. I hope I didn't spoil anything in it...  ::)

Thank you again, ma Tirea, and any updates are welcome to be translated.

Pam

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Pam (P.A.'li makto) on November 25, 2019, 03:59:58 AM
The Hungarian version is finished. I hope I didn't spoil anything in it...  ::)

Thank you again, ma Tirea, and any updates are welcome to be translated.

Pam

Looks good :D irayo!

KalaKuival

Late for the party but...
The Estonian translation vocabulary list is also done. Thanks for your hard work Tirea!  :)
I'm also interested in updating the translation in the future.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: KalaKuival on December 17, 2019, 03:58:29 AM
Late for the party but...
The Estonian translation vocabulary list is also done. Thanks for your hard work Tirea!  :)
I'm also interested in updating the translation in the future.

Thanks for all your hard work as well ma KalaKuival! :)

I will put those changes in. I hope to compile these PDFs soon.

P.A.'li makto

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 11, 2019, 08:25:54 AM
Eana Eltu is dead. :( We pretty much have to do everything by hand for now. There have been new words but the management system and translation system is broken after the deletion of the Non-Frommer Illegal Words appendix.

What I can do is make a Google Sheet for you, you fill it in and I compile that into the NaviDictionary_hu.pdf and upload. Would that work for you? I may need some time to prepare this.

What's the case now? It seems to be alive, but says "User doesn't exist". I do exist though... And I'm eager to work on it... It has already happened before, I couldn't log in, and this is the same now. What am I doing wrong? Forgetting my password, do you think?  :(

Tirea Aean

I'm not sure what is causing the user does not exist error. Could be possible the password is forgotten?
But it is still dead in the sense that the PDF compiler will not compile PDFs. It could be possible, that (if you are able to log in), the update button will add data to the database but the data will not compile to PDF via create.

P.A.'li makto

Quote from: Tirea Aean on March 03, 2020, 12:03:06 PM
I'm not sure what is causing the user does not exist error. Could be possible the password is forgotten?
But it is still dead in the sense that the PDF compiler will not compile PDFs. It could be possible, that (if you are able to log in), the update button will add data to the database but the data will not compile to PDF via create.

:(

eejmensenikbenhet

Ma Tirea, did you update the Google spreadsheets? I just translated the list of words in the Dutch version, though most of the proper names were already translated properly in the last Dutch version I could find (13.9)... I included them anyway.

Whenever you're ready to do a new update, just let me know and I'll translate the new vocab!

P.A.'li makto

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on March 04, 2020, 04:34:31 AM

Whenever you're ready to do a new update, just let me know and I'll translate the new vocab!

Me too.  :)

P.A.'li makto

Quote from: Pam (P.A.'li makto) on March 09, 2020, 07:14:20 AM
Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on March 04, 2020, 04:34:31 AM

Me too.  :)

I finished what I found today. (Thanks for it!) When will it be seen in the Hungarian dictionary?  :)

Tirea Aean

This just in (a somewhat late news report):

As of 22 July 2020, Seze has fixed the Eana Eltu compiler.

Dictionary Translations and PDFs may now be updated and compiled in the same manner as before.

For those who have contributed updated translations to me on Google Sheets for the Fwew Dictionary in the past months, I will create and upload text files of your work so that you don't have to rewrite it all, but just copy-paste it into the Eana Eltu interface.

The English version must also be updated in that same way before the very newest translation fields become available.

Stay tuned. :D

EDIT: I already have text files in Tab-Separated-Values (TSV) format for each language and keep those up to date.

Deutsch: NaviDictionary_de.tsv
English: NaviDictionary_en.tsv
Eesti: NaviDictionary_et.tsv
Français: NaviDictionary_fr.tsv
Magyar: NaviDictionary_hu.tsv
Nederlands: NaviDictionary_nl.tsv
русский: NaviDictionary_ru.tsv
Svenska: NaviDictionary_sv.tsv

Oldest entries are at the top of the file and newest entries are at the bottom.

Toliman