Official Na'vi Dictionary

Started by Tirea Aean, May 23, 2011, 11:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Pam (P.A.'li makto) on December 24, 2021, 11:42:38 AM
Hi!
I've lost track of how to update the Hungarian version. (Since I couldn't do it for some time...) I'd like to continue, ... can I get help, please?
Thanks in advance.
And Merry Christmas, everybody!
Pam

Oh wow! I'm sorry I am only just now seeing this! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

What you would need to do is

1) Go to https://eanaeltu.learnnavi.org/f/forum_show.pl and log in
2) Go to https://eanaeltu.learnnavi.org/f/edit_dict.pl?lc=hu (This is the Hungarian translation one. I suggest bookmarking this, if you haven't already)
3) Click the "Outdated and not translated words" button
4) Double check that everything is correct for the first many entries, according to the English version right below, for each
5) Continue the translation in the empty boxes
6) You can save your progress by clicking the "Update" button at the very bottom.

Hope this helps!

Tirea Aean

I would like to announce that the Dictionary PDFs in English continue to be completely up to date! :D

The current version is 15.4, and the latest words from Na'viteri, 31 December 2021 are in, as 2 days ago. (I meant to post in here sooner, but things have been a bit crazy in life these days.)

Also, Tìtstewan has just now updated the Na'vi Vocabulary page of the main website with the latest data. :toruk:

'Ivong Na'vi!

KalaKuival

Are there any updates with the translation PDF-s not compiling? I still get the same error as before  :(

Tirea Aean

Quote from: KalaKuival on January 09, 2022, 02:17:57 PM
Are there any updates with the translation PDF-s not compiling? I still get the same error as before  :(

I will have a look at that as soon as I can. I will try my best to fix it :)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: KalaKuival on January 09, 2022, 02:17:57 PM

I don't get a compiler error. It compiled for me just now. What method/url do you use to compile?

Tìtstewan

Ma KalaKuival,

could you try to compile again? It should works now.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

KalaKuival

Yes! Irayo! It's working for me too now!  ;D

Tirea Aean

Quote from: KalaKuival on January 11, 2022, 07:30:11 AM
Yes! Irayo! It's working for me too now!  ;D

Yay!! :D

If you're reading this, ma Seze, irayo! :D

Seze

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

P.A.'li makto

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 07, 2022, 12:18:19 AM
Quote from: Pam (P.A.'li makto) on December 24, 2021, 11:42:38 AM
Hi!
I've lost track of how to update the Hungarian version. (Since I couldn't do it for some time...) I'd like to continue, ... can I get help, please?
Thanks in advance.
And Merry Christmas, everybody!
Pam

Oh wow! I'm sorry I am only just now seeing this! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

What you would need to do is

1) Go to https://eanaeltu.learnnavi.org/f/forum_show.pl and log in
2) Go to https://eanaeltu.learnnavi.org/f/edit_dict.pl?lc=hu (This is the Hungarian translation one. I suggest bookmarking this, if you haven't already)
3) Click the "Outdated and not translated words" button
4) Double check that everything is correct for the first many entries, according to the English version right below, for each
5) Continue the translation in the empty boxes
6) You can save your progress by clicking the "Update" button at the very bottom.

Hope this helps!

I am unable to log in and also to create a new account. (Password does not arrive at my email address. I have tried several times... in vain.)  :(

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Toruk Makto

Hey, we're looking into this. Stay tuned...

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tuiq

Slightly mind boggling that this thing is not just still up, but also somewhat working apparently after over a decade? Oof. You've got my respect for the dedication to that project.
Eana Eltu: PDF/TSV/jMemorize

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tuiq on February 17, 2022, 05:32:31 PM
Slightly mind boggling that this thing is not just still up, but also somewhat working apparently after over a decade? Oof. You've got my respect for the dedication to that project.

WOW! Hi Tuiq! It has been SO long. Good to see you again!

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Tuiq on February 17, 2022, 05:32:31 PM

I've managed to break it a few times and it's still a temperamental little beast, but it's still clicking along.  :)

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

KalaKuival

Hmm, I'm getting "Service Unavailable. The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later." when I try to go to eanaeltu editing. Is it just me or something planned?

Seze

Quote from: KalaKuival on June 03, 2022, 03:14:59 AM
Hmm, I'm getting "Service Unavailable. The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later." when I try to go to eanaeltu editing. Is it just me or something planned?

I just restarted the service and I think it should be back online now

Tuiq

If you're still using my version of Eana Eltu, you very likely want to start migrating to something else, as the software that EE runs on has been EoL for a while. I'm not aware of any obvious risks, but I haven't checked either for a few years. A few many years by now, actually.

Just as a heads up while we're talking about outages.
Eana Eltu: PDF/TSV/jMemorize

Seze

Quote from: Tuiq on June 20, 2022, 05:38:26 PM
If you're still using my version of Eana Eltu, you very likely want to start migrating to something else, as the software that EE runs on has been EoL for a while. I'm not aware of any obvious risks, but I haven't checked either for a few years. A few many years by now, actually.

Just as a heads up while we're talking about outages.

Thanks Tuiq, and yeah we have been working on a replacement system, just never got finished. We did recently migrate the EE code to run inside a small Docker container with some newer packages and OS updates. Its not perfect by any stretch, but it works for now until we can make some progress on a replacement system.

Tirea Aean

Awesome, thanks Seze!

Ohey Tuiq! Good to see you again! :D
As Seze says, there are plans in the works for a new system, but it looks like EE itself is kinda still chugging (mostly) in the meantime. Outages like this are on the whole exceedingly rare.

KalaKuival

Quote from: Seze on June 20, 2022, 05:33:30 PM
Quote from: KalaKuival on June 03, 2022, 03:14:59 AM

I just restarted the service and I think it should be back online now

Irayo! Seems to be working now!