Using the Txon forum theme

Started by Toruk Makto, March 08, 2017, 11:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

Ma frapo,

Several magnificent themes have been created for the LearnNavi.org forums, but only a fraction of our community is using them - possibly because they are unaware of them. IMO, they add exponentially to the experience of LearnNavi. One of these, the Txon Theme, is particularly nice. There is a forum administrative option to switch all members to the Txon theme. The old themes are still here and can be re-selected by each member if they wish, but this would get the majority of our soaia on a common forum look-and-feel.

So here's the question: Should we do a mass switch to the Txon theme?  Would it be too disruptive? Too annoying for those that have already chosen a theme and would need to switch back to it?  What do you think?

-Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Eana Unil

I approve! I'm using the Txon theme since I've become aware of it, imo it's the best theme ever. If you want it to be representative of LN Forums, make it the main theme :) Anybody who doesn't like it can switch themes back again anyway ;)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Eana Unil on March 08, 2017, 11:54:56 AM
I approve! I'm using the Txon theme since I've become aware of it, imo it's the best theme ever. If you want it to be representative of LN Forums, make it the main theme :) Anybody who doesn't like it can switch themes back again anyway ;)
Second this. I feel exactly the same way, personally.

But I can see the case for it being annoying to switch back for at least two or three people who prefer the generic SMF looking theme.

But I think that if we set Txon as default, these people will likely just switch theirs back to SMF-style and not really raise a big scene. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

via LG-K550 (Tapatalk)

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Tirea Aean on March 08, 2017, 12:07:15 PM
Quote from: Eana Unil on March 08, 2017, 11:54:56 AM
Second this. I feel exactly the same way, personally.

But I can see the case for it being annoying to switch back for at least two or three people who prefer the generic SMF looking theme.

But I think that if we set Txon as default, these people will likely just switch theirs back to SMF-style and not really raise a big scene. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

via LG-K550 (Tapatalk)

Txon is the current default for all new accounts, but there are thousands of accounts still on the old theme.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tìtstewan

I support the idea to perform that theme switch. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Plumps

If you feel it necessary, go ahead with it, sure. :)

It looks nice. I would use it too but somehow the contrast of bright letters on black background starts to strain my eyes after a while. So I'll be one of the users switching it back to the Navi theme. It's easier on the eyes (for me).

Vawmataw

Well, I prefer the trr theme and I'm using it.
Edit: Personally I don't mind switching it back to trr after.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Well, Txon theme is really nice but themes with "dark letters on light background" are more comfortable for me (my eyes). However if change is necessary, let's do it, I can switching it back always ...

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Txon theme is great and I like it. I also tried for few weeks Trr theme and I think, not to do too radical change from the default theme, it would be better to change it to Trr theme. In addition, background image of trr theme is in better quality.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Rotobull cz

As for me, I'm switching between the themes regularly after some time. So, if the option of change remains, I'm fine. :)
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

Tìtstewan

regarding the trr theme, there are a few things i would like to improve.
as for the txon theme's background image, i'll try to get a better one.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

The Txon theme seems 'default' right now, but it took a lot of getting used to. It also was partly responsible for me replacing my CRT computer monitors with LCD computer monitors.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Blue Elf

Quote from: Toruk Makto on March 08, 2017, 11:45:13 AM
So here's the question: Should we do a mass switch to the Txon theme?
Definitely NO. IMHO nobody should force anyone to use some theme just because in his opinion it is cool. Others can have different opinion. It is ok to do propagation campaign to show that there is more themes and how to switch it, but not to switch it by force. What do you do if most of people switch to something different than Txon? Do you set them Txon again?
Would it be too disruptive? Too annoying for those that have already chosen a theme and would need to switch back to it?  What do you think?
Yes. I tested all themes and I'm most comfortable with Navi. I generally dislike dark themes, what Txon is, for me it is harder to read text on dark background. And background picture makes it even worse. So I've selected what's best for me and administrative change just make me angry.
I remember old 1st April joke, when whole LN was switched into horrible pink theme for ~1 hour. It was real pain to read anything....
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Vawmataw

Quote from: Blue Elf on March 10, 2017, 04:21:30 PM
I remember old 1st April joke, when whole LN was switched into horrible pink theme for ~1 hour. It was real pain to read anything....
too bad I missed that :o
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tìtstewan

perhaps i should add a detailed tuto in the /help page about switching themes...

Blue Elf

Quote from: Vawmataw on March 10, 2017, 04:34:20 PM
too bad I missed that :o
I don't think you missed anything. Except bad readability it resulted in striking appearance, what allured my boss to see what I'm doing, as I was browsing LN at work  :) It does not happen with Txon theme, but readability is still bad.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on March 10, 2017, 04:47:52 PM
perhaps i should add a detailed tuto in the /help page about switching themes...
Also, maybe a PSA somewhere that /help page exists. :)

via LG-K550 (Tapatalk)

Tìtstewan

the help link is right between home and search. :)

Toliman

OMG ;D what?

Tìtstewan

Ma Blue Elf,
I would like to hear your opinion about this theme one can find here. Just to fix my curiousity. :)