Ventrilo server?

Started by nicktheh, February 14, 2010, 07:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicktheh

Is there one? I'm aware that there's teamspeak and skype and whatnot, but ventrilo has always been the easiest to use for me.
if there is, someone please let me know x]

nicktheh

never mind :P
found the answer myself ^_^

Quote from: Justin Emanuele on January 17, 2010, 04:55:46 PM
While I appreciate the work you put into this, I cannot use it. Team Speak does NOT use the Speex codec that is required for Macs.  So there is kind of an issue there.  We are going to get an official Ventrilo server when have have the chance because Vent can use Speex.
cheers

Hikyuuri

Quote from: nicktheh on February 15, 2010, 04:48:46 AM
never mind :P
found the answer myself ^_^

Quote from: Justin Emanuele on January 17, 2010, 04:55:46 PM
While I appreciate the work you put into this, I cannot use it. Team Speak does NOT use the Speex codec that is required for Macs.  So there is kind of an issue there.  We are going to get an official Ventrilo server when have have the chance because Vent can use Speex.
cheers

Correction on that.  The new TeamSpeak 3 Server and Client, which are what I use, do support the Speex codec.  There are Mac users that use my TeamSpeak server all the time, and they have no problems hearing people or being heard.  TeamSpeak 3 is fully supported on Macs.

To view the thread about the TeamSpeak server, go to http://forum.learnnavi.org/website-info/if-i-was-to-host-a-teamspeak-server/

Official LearnNavi.org TeamSpeak 3 Server Online
TeamSpeak 3 Server Address: ts.learnnavi.org:9987
Instructions can be found HERE!

nicktheh

okay :D thanks ^_^
topic can be locked now XD

Étienne

Locking powers HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!