Teeth picture, as promissed!

Started by Kxani, February 22, 2010, 07:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nìota

Wow! How much did those set you back? I want to do very subtle fangs eventually, not just for Na'vi, but because I'm a life-long vampire enthusiast as well, and these could really do double-duty. (LOST BOYS FOR (AFTER)LIFE!!!)
Eywa-l oe-yä san menari sìk hawn<ei>u.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on February 22, 2010, 11:10:10 PM
@Kxanì Tsaheylu

Do the teeth impair your speech in any way?

I wanted fangs for the longest time. Permanent fangs screw up your mastication. Makes it hard to chew. That really got under my skin. But (high-end) removable caps can be worn for very extended periods of time and look--well, as you see--amazing.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Ash

When I got my fangs I was informed that it would be really bad to make any kinds of permanents and to avoid eating with the caps as well.
Reason is, that our teeth are not constructed to withstand the increased forces(don't know the english word, the german term is "Scherkräfte") that come with biting/chewing while having "dental extensions".

Kxani

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on February 22, 2010, 11:10:10 PM
@Kxanì Tsaheylu

Do the teeth impair your speech in any way?

No not at all actually, I speek normally :)

Eyamsiyu

Ok, how much did that cost you?  Because I want that now!

And just imagine metal-core screaming with those teeth!  Awesome!

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Kxani

Cost 500 SWE crowns.... I guess that's 50$.. ^^

sezawte

That is possibly the most awesome thing ever!!!! ;D how old do you need to be to have that done!? i want teeth like that now! also karma cookie for having awesome fangs ;D
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Kxani

Really thanks for the cookie. I guess there is no age for it.. :S

sezawte

Heh ok :D when i next go to my dentist and he tells me i'm not brushing properly I'll just pop in a quick "By the way, could you do me a set of fangs ;D"
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: sezawte on February 24, 2010, 05:42:18 PM
Heh ok :D when i next go to my dentist and he tells me i'm not brushing properly I'll just pop in a quick "By the way, could you do me a set of fangs ;D"

Don't forget a good picture, otherwise you may end up with different-looking fangs than you want.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Kxani

You can take my pic if you wan't to :)

sezawte

Irayo ;D I just might at that, if i do I'll be sure to take some pics and post them if you like

Kxani

Way Letxep

This is all a VERY intriguing topic. I am quite wowed by the price of that. Really? It was that cheap? I wonder if you could get cheaper removable caps that would work the same way. Cause, in my opinion, I don't think it would be all that safe to do that permanently. Also did just a regular dentist do this, or was it more like a special surgeon? 
Fayvrrtep Fitsenge lu kxanì, nga skxawng!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Txep Way on February 24, 2010, 08:33:07 PM
This is all a VERY intriguing topic. I am quite wowed by the price of that. Really? It was that cheap? I wonder if you could get cheaper removable caps that would work the same way. Cause, in my opinion, I don't think it would be all that safe to do that permanently. Also did just a regular dentist do this, or was it more like a special surgeon? 
She's in Sweeden. Unless I am horribly mistaken, their system of medicine is A: *far* advanced (they invented implants I believe), and B: socialized (much much cheaper).
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kxani

Way Letxep

Well my eye teeth are fairly pointy as it is. I'll just stick with that.
Fayvrrtep Fitsenge lu kxanì, nga skxawng!

Eyamsiyu

Ok, next time I go to the dentist, I'll ask how much the teeth will cost, as I'm here in America, and everything health-related is through the roof when it comes to price.  If so, I won't deal with insurance.  I have it, but they would probably not pay anything.  Besides, I'd rather earn it.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Tijuana!!  ;D <--- teeth! (Cheap Cheap Cheap! -- and only 25 minutes away!0

okay, going to see Avatar. byefornow

Kxani

Are you dissing us for AVATAR?? OMG! I am speach less!  ::)