I did it!

Started by Tsamsiyu Atsteu, October 13, 2014, 08:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

So last September I took my third attempt at the Corrections department fitness test.. the last two times I failed the running portion, where I had to do 1.50 miles. I had 19:04 to do it this time.. I did it in 18:37! I am on my way to being a corrections officer! Now I have to wait for the background check, the phone interview with the investigator, a physical, a psych evaluation and a drug test before the final offer and being placed in the hiring pool.

The only downside is now I have to run that 1.50 in 16:30 at the end of the academy.. I don't know how I'm gonna do that. >.<

In other news... just a few more weeks till my fiance comes home from his Navy training!!!
To live in the past is to die in the present.

archaic

YAY! You can start training for it right away.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

Yeah I'm trying to, but no idea how to get my stamina and speed up. I suck at running.... seriously.

Quote from: archaic on October 14, 2014, 06:02:31 AM
YAY! You can start training for it right away.
To live in the past is to die in the present.

archaic

All you can do is exercise, eat right, and push yourself as hard as it takes.

Wind12

I know when I was in high school I could barely run the mile and now I can run/ jog 8 miles non-stop, it just takes time and will power( for me though it was easier to build up,by "counting to a goal rather than timeing myself, i.e. I started out doing four laps on the track, then, 8, then 12, 16, 20, 25, and I have finally done 32 laps a few times. Good luck with the training ma tsmuke!

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I can walk 1.5 miles in 16:30, so you should be able to run it in that same time (or even a lot less) with just a little effort. With everything else it sounds like you have to do, this should be just one small obstacle.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Vawmataw

I think that the method to succeed that is repetition and progressively you will run that in less time.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

archaic

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 27, 2014, 03:23:11 PM
I can walk 1.5 miles in 16:30,
That's impressive, not so much the speed, which is pretty good, but the duration.
Averaging better than five and one half miles per hour for a whole mile and one half is above average to say the least!