Funny review of Avatar

Started by Hufwe ta'em, February 01, 2010, 05:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hufwe ta'em

That is the most funny review from the movie i ever seen :D

Kawnga Tawtute

ahahah freakin awsooomeeee ahahahahahahah

Eyamsiyu

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Ftiafpi

HAH! That was hilarious and had a bunch of very good points. But, yet, with all the digging he did I don't see any of the "flaws" he pointed out as flaws, more just choices that Cameron made. Anyway, I was laughing my ass off during most of that, I wish more reviews were like this.

Tsa'räni

One of the funniest reviews I've ever seen!

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 02, 2010, 12:36:22 PM
HAH! That was hilarious and had a bunch of very good points. But, yet, with all the digging he did I don't see any of the "flaws" he pointed out as flaws, more just choices that Cameron made. Anyway, I was laughing my ass off during most of that, I wish more reviews were like this.

Agreed. Definitely more humor from the style of the presentation. His "flaws" all amount to "Cameron intentionally made a movie that people would like". The horror! The horror!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Kìte'eyä Aungia on February 02, 2010, 02:44:48 PM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 02, 2010, 12:36:22 PM

Agreed. Definitely more humor from the style of the presentation. His "flaws" all amount to "Cameron intentionally made a movie that people would like". The horror! The horror!

I would happily accept more movies with these "flaws". In my mind there should be 2 major types of movies that are made, movies that try to "push the envelope" and movies that take something already done and do it "good if not better". The first type of movie will get you something like "District 9" or "The Matrix" if done right. The 2nd type of movie will get you "Star Trek" or "Avatar" if done right. Then you can have combined 1 and 2 and end up with epic things like "Lord of the Rings" which I would put above Avatar if it wasn't slightly flawed (but only due to the demands of pulling a movie out of a very long winded book).

However, the first type of movies often go very, very wrong if someone doesn't have a clear vision and exceptional talent, otherwise you end up with something like "The Blair Witch Project". So, once again, I would happily love to see more movies that have Avatar's "flaws" of giving audiences exactly what they want, rather then trying to be "that movie" this is so different from "the usual stuff".

Also, special effects, love 'em, they don't make a movie but, damn, if they don't make a good movie great (or in Avatar's case a great movie AWESOME)

Hufwe ta'em

And now avatar are nominate for a Oscar
lets find out in march :)

Eyamsiyu

Personally I'm not a fan of Lord of the Rings.  I tried reading them, and never got past the first: just wasn't my thing.  Heck, BOOKS in general really aren't my thing.  More like sheet music.

It takes a very special kind of book to really get me reading.  Strangely enough, the ASG I read in 2 days.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Technowraith

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 02, 2010, 03:46:43 PM
It takes a very special kind of book to really get me reading.  Strangely enough, the ASG I read in 2 days.

I read the ASG in less then 4 hours. But since i've read it initially, i'm always referring to for help in writing my fan fic as well as learn more in depth information about pandora.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Eyamsiyu

Like I said, I'm not much of a reader, and I didn't devote every spare minute I had to reading it (if I had, it would have taken about 4 hours).  But I also read very slowly and pay attention to details: interestingly, I remember things a LOT better by doing so.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 02, 2010, 02:58:55 PM
"Lord of the Rings" which I would put above Avatar if it wasn't slightly flawed

I see we have a usurper in our midst! Prepare to get punched in the face.  Q(O.oQ)

hehe love kirbies
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Eyamsiyu

... and he wills, a boot to the head.

Txonyä'ite

I lol'ed so hard at "take your prozac and get back in the tollbooth" that i snorted a taquito up my nose. Do not watch while eating :D

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on February 02, 2010, 05:44:25 PM
I lol'ed so hard at "take your prozac and get back in the tollbooth" that i snorted a taquito up my nose. Do not watch while eating :D

I lol'ed even harder at the bit about "and I might even get all riled up to fight back against those jack offs that knocked down my Christmas tree and then my even bigger tree. That's my home!" and then the Star Trek bit. ROFL-ON-A-STICK!

Txontaw

Yeah, it was very funny. But even through all the humor, you can't help but feel a bit annoyed at someone bashing your beloved Avatar. :D
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Txontaw on February 02, 2010, 10:04:32 PM
Yeah, it was very funny. But even through all the humor, you can't help but feel a bit annoyed at someone bashing your beloved Avatar. :D

Honestly, it seemed like he was trying really hard to not like the movie but it seemed (to me) that he really did like it.

Txontaw

Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 02, 2010, 10:05:58 PM
Quote from: Txontaw on February 02, 2010, 10:04:32 PM

Honestly, it seemed like he was trying really hard to not like the movie but it seemed (to me) that he really did like it.

Well, the whole thing isn't serious at all, so you can't really tell.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

OMG KITTENS <3

That was pretty much the greatest thing I got out of this piece of genius.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Txontaw

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on February 02, 2010, 10:17:46 PM
OMG KITTENS <3

That was pretty much the greatest thing I got out of this piece of genius.

I know, right? I'm surprised he didn't mention tits more.