Site Design / Layout help!

Started by Payoang, December 23, 2009, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txum tukru

i wonder why my avatar is posted here?

and the website is non existent?

post proper links. and don't post others works!

post i was talking about removed
pesu nga?          "who are you?"
Oe lu toktor.       "the Doctor!"
pesu?                "who?"
nì'aw, toktor.       "just, the Doctor!"

Na'viyä Tsamsiyu

Want to bring Na'Vi to X-Box live? Send a friend request to "SR Raptor 50" with the word Na'Vi attatched to it! I hope to have at least one friend who i can chat with in Na'Vi. Irayo, Ewya Ngahu. -Raptor

Pxìllan

???

Me too.

Don't know the meaning, and where is the coherence?

The Pocket Guide, what does it have with the Site / Forum Design in common?
And, txum tukru, sorry, don't understanding, who you mean and what exactly you mean.  ???

txum tukru

don't worry, the post has been kindly removed by seabass

Na'viyä Tsamsiyu

Your right, wrong thread, but you guys can just say that you know, i thought this to be a friendly community....

I will make sure to not accidentaly get confused anymore.

Oeyä tsap'alute,
-Raptor
Want to bring Na'Vi to X-Box live? Send a friend request to "SR Raptor 50" with the word Na'Vi attatched to it! I hope to have at least one friend who i can chat with in Na'Vi. Irayo, Ewya Ngahu. -Raptor

txum tukru

no, your post makes plenty of scene for this topic and what just happened, i just didn't know...

Na'viyä Tsamsiyu

Eywayä mokri

This logo is nice, it looks like it's frost.   ^^
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

txum tukru

i like it too, looks like it could be etched into a wooden sign.

Na'viyä Tsamsiyu

OMG, what an idea, applauds.
Here at my college we have a wood carver, so i could literaly do that. Also, im in a graphics program and could make anything graphic-wise, which i intend to do as a project when semester starts here in a few.

If you guys have any ideas, or files send'em over, ill be happy to try to crank out a ridiculous cool logo for us!

Tìsyaw Nantangä

I vote against having a background image. It will distract from the forum itself and make reading difficult, and if it's set up to have the text boxes solid and floating above the image then nobody will even see the image anyway. Repeating textures are ok though, as long as they aren't too psychedelic :D. But yeah, simple, clean and neat is the way to go IMO.

I whipped this up since someone mentioned a wooden sign. Personally I hate Papyrus, but James Cameron used a clone of it for almost all of the copy in the film so it can't be that bad I suppose ;D

Mì saw, kawtul tsun stivawm ngayä ayzawngit.

Nume fpi sänume

Agree on some counts, as long as the background images arent the dominant thing on the site, im all for it. Though I think something that just gives more texture than a flat color is all thats needed.

Eywayä mokri

I am really for a background picture, as long as it stays simple. :)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Étienne

Quote from: Eywayä mokri on January 01, 2010, 06:05:59 AM
I am really for a background picture, as long as it stays simple. :)

Ditto

Tìsyaw Nantangä

Well a banner could easily incorporate a picture, say for example of Hometree, or Neytiri (<3) then the background could be a repeating bark tile texture or vines or something. That way the image is always at the top of the page no matter what page you happen to be on and the background can still be interesting but not distracting.

Brainiac

Quote from: Tìsyaw Nantangä on January 01, 2010, 05:56:48 AM
I vote against having a background image. It will distract from the forum itself and make reading difficult, and if it's set up to have the text boxes solid and floating above the image then nobody will even see the image anyway. Repeating textures are ok though, as long as they aren't too psychedelic :D. But yeah, simple, clean and neat is the way to go IMO.

I whipped this up since someone mentioned a wooden sign. Personally I hate Papyrus, but James Cameron used a clone of it for almost all of the copy in the film so it can't be that bad I suppose ;D

I like the embossed effect. Gives it a real feeling of texture.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Roiki

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Na'viyä Tsamsiyu

Thats pretty cool, i really want one, ill make one to hang over my computer.

Tìsyaw Nantangä

Quote from: Roiki on January 01, 2010, 01:14:36 PM
Quote from: Tìsyaw Nantangä on January 01, 2010, 05:56:48 AM

Are those symbols in the backround cybertronian?.

No idea to be honest. I thought they were just a bunch of generic wizardy charts, but they could well have other meanings.

Pxìllan

Maybe magical glyphs?

I think, this could be something like this.