Question about Toruk

Started by Tsyeymzi, January 01, 2010, 09:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

We should totally make a show once we have enough Na'vi!

I think Toruk is getting jealous though...
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

A. A. Aaron

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 27, 2010, 10:43:57 PM
We should totally make a show once we have enough Na'vi!

I think Toruk is getting jealous though...
He can't be the center of attention all the time.
Oh boy, we are getting sooo far off topic. I can't help but feel responsible for this.

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Yes, yes, and this is by far the most dangerous thread to get off topic on. Toruk will eat you up quick!
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 27, 2010, 10:51:50 PM
Yes, yes, and this is by far the most dangerous thread to get off topic on. Toruk will eat you up quick!

Actually, I believe Kaltxì Palulukan! is loosely equivalent (on Earth) to "Hello Kitty of DOOM!"

You see, Palu (yeah, we are buds--he lets me call him that) is the KING of the jungle (we are not sure if he likes the plains yet), and is so feared that no one speaks of him (please see ASG pages 101-102): not in stories, not on shields (ASG; page 87), not in a box, not with a tiger. Toruk is on shields, weaves, place mats, and banshees have their own toy line! Every na'vi child on pandora has a "banshee" toy. But Palulukan/Thanator is persona non grata. He is "the bogeyman" on Pandora.

So, being the half-witted fop that I am, I figured Palu needed a toy line, and I am in charge of licensing! :D

But this is about our man Toruk---speaking of which, this is high time for me to bring back his theme song, since we are so off topic:

okay, top THAT! XD

(Seriously, we need more Toruk fun around here.)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 27, 2010, 09:49:54 PM
Well if they mate for life than I'm guessing their territories are even more exclusive. They're probably large where the mated pair roam, normally separated from each other except for when they mate. Overlapping territory with none mated Toruks leaves to a death match.

Can you imagine (Jake's) Mrs. Toruk?

"And just where have YOU been all night? You have been flitting about (flying<--see? it's a pun! :) ) with that uniltìrantokx "friend" of yours--haven't you? You smell like cheap cigars and coffee!"* (* From the colonel and the RDA manager guy)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Oh...my...god...

We must find someone to sing that right now! *hunts for a sexy voice!*

And oh god, Jake's the other woman!

*face palm* This thread brings shame to us all...
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 27, 2010, 11:17:26 PM
Oh...my...god...

We must find someone to sing that right now! *hunts for a sexy voice!*

And oh god, Jake's the other woman!

*face palm* This thread brings shame to us all...

I heart you sooo much! You get my
jokes!

bagget00

love the picture you have for an avatar Kaltxì Palulukan!
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: bagget00 on January 27, 2010, 11:28:16 PM
love the picture you have for an avatar Kaltxì Palulukan!
Irayo! I wanted it to be cheesy--to emphasize the humor.

Speaking of Toruk (yes, I am the master of the segue!), we have several "Toruks" (variations) here at LN, and one who has (as an avatar image) a sky shot of the big T eclipsing the sun, but noone seems to have a close up. Not that I have seen. I wonder if Toruk is camera shy.

Okay: argument discussion time! In the theatrical release we see Jake jump [cut] flies out of the sun on Toruk. In the DVD, some of us are hoping to see (the comedy? adventure?) of Toruk v. Jake and the first flight. Question: Does anyone think we will get more Toruk time in "the director's cut," or "extended version," and does anyone have any information on the budget cut JC had to make?

It would be nice if he went back (Lucas style) and reshoot extra footage, but he will probably just "save it for the sequel."

Thoughts?

bagget00

I think there will be more due to the extra shot on a forum for the uropean trailer.  don't have the link tho.

BTW, I found a close up of toruk. Just look at my avatar.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: bagget00 on January 28, 2010, 12:15:50 AM
I think there will be more due to the extra shot on a forum for the uropean trailer.  don't have the link tho.

BTW, I found a close up of toruk. Just look at my avatar.

Nice! (on both points)

A. A. Aaron

Wow guys.
I was only gone for an hour.
"What are you people smoking out there?"

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

This thread is too entertaining for words. I don't even think I can bring myself to care how off topic we are >.> What I horrible mod am I?
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

A. A. Aaron

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 28, 2010, 01:02:37 AM
This thread is too entertaining for words. I don't even think I can bring myself to care how off topic we are >.> What I horrible mod am I?
I don't think anyone is going to file a complaint.

bagget00

karma cookie for you.

kintìomum

Well, seems like I should've stayed awake last night. So much discussion missed.
Rolling up the points in a more or less random order:

Director's cut
JC stated that the film we are seeing at the moment is the Director's Cut (what a shame) and that the longer versions will be the "Extended" and "Fan" version. His words, truly. To be found somewhere in a thread on why the scene with Tsu'tey dying was cut.

Bonding Toruk
Hmm, I don't want to see more. "What is seen cannot be unseen" and the way it is now I'm confident. Leaves some great room for head cinema (don't know how else to translate the german word "Kopfkino") and seriously: why would we want to see more? Jake assaulted Toruk (poor one, suspecting nothing and suddenly someones on your shoulders giving commands!) and he was succesfull.

Toruk mating
Hmm, I actually forgot the part that Toruk mate for life... So, two of these beasts come together once, spawn a little baby toruk (aww, how cute must that be! All flappy wings and big eyes!) and then head off to get back into their own territory?

Big Toruk of the Praerie
The idea doesn't sound that stupid. As mentioned, the ASG states that Toruk occasionally feeds on ground animals. Now, a banshee will certainly be able to snatch a hexapede, so why shouldn't Toruk -the big bad ass banshee on steroids- be able to munch some nice pa'li steak? With a wing span of 30m (or so... don't know right now and my Well of Quotes ASG is out of reach) it shouldn't be that difficult to catch'n'carry one. And most ground animals tend not to look into the sky too often. Most predators and dangers are on the ground after all. Too bad when you see Toruk homing in on you but stumble into a sinkhole...
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Technowraith

Quote from: kintìomum on January 28, 2010, 03:00:29 AM
Well, seems like I should've stayed awake last night. So much discussion missed.
Rolling up the points in a more or less random order:

Director's cut
JC stated that the film we are seeing at the moment is the Director's Cut (what a shame) and that the longer versions will be the "Extended" and "Fan" version. His words, truly. To be found somewhere in a thread on why the scene with Tsu'tey dying was cut.

Bonding Toruk
Hmm, I don't want to see more. "What is seen cannot be unseen" and the way it is now I'm confident. Leaves some great room for head cinema (don't know how else to translate the german word "Kopfkino") and seriously: why would we want to see more? Jake assaulted Toruk (poor one, suspecting nothing and suddenly someones on your shoulders giving commands!) and he was succesfull.

Toruk mating
Hmm, I actually forgot the part that Toruk mate for life... So, two of these beasts come together once, spawn a little baby toruk (aww, how cute must that be! All flappy wings and big eyes!) and then head off to get back into their own territory?

Big Toruk of the Praerie
The idea doesn't sound that stupid. As mentioned, the ASG states that Toruk occasionally feeds on ground animals. Now, a banshee will certainly be able to snatch a hexapede, so why shouldn't Toruk -the big bad ass banshee on steroids- be able to munch some nice pa'li steak? With a wing span of 30m (or so... don't know right now and my Well of Quotes ASG is out of reach) it shouldn't be that difficult to catch'n'carry one. And most ground animals tend not to look into the sky too often. Most predators and dangers are on the ground after all. Too bad when you see Toruk homing in on you but stumble into a sinkhole...

For Toruk, a hexapede is a bite size snack, along with a Na'vi, a banshee... etc
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Maybe Seabass will give someone else your place *cough* *cough*
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Eywa sìltsan

Quote from: kintìomum on January 28, 2010, 03:00:29 AM
Big Toruk of the Praerie

That's a smart thought. Just think how nimble he moved in small rooms when Neytiri and Jake gave him a slip. It would be enough justification the he's used to hunt in small places. Usually a scared animal always goes for cover. I guess the reaction was the standard procedure for a typical Toruk-Hunt. I guess he's used to it that his prey tries to escape into the dense wood.
"...I pray in my heart that this dream never ends..."

Kawnga Tawtute

let's just say jack used his brain (the bond is part of his brain too  ;D )