It's Na'vi podcast time!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, February 10, 2010, 11:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on February 16, 2010, 12:41:57 AM
No planned air date yet, hopefully we'll have a better idea soonish.

And yup! 19, last year as a teenager o.O scary!

okies.. tell me any updates ><

woah! happy birthday! :) :) hahah it's okay.. then it's your 20 years ><
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Off work late. Have to respond to this tomorrow. Sorry.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on February 15, 2010, 09:09:03 PM
...... On topic!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this podcast, do we have an ETA for the first episode yet? Do you have some kind of a structured setup that your just going to plug segments into? I'll give an example of what i mean by structured:

Our radio show (Solar Broadcast United) follow this template every week:

00:00 - (5:00/7:00): Intro track, track 1
Intro song and intro message to the show. Name of the intro, and next 3/4 tracks were playing.

(5:00/7:00) - (20:00/25:00) Ramp up the energy, Track 2 - 4/5
A ramp up in speed/energy of the tracks, flowing from our intro, every week has a theme for the songs we play, we name the next two tracks to be played next while we mix out of the last track in that block.

(20:00/25:00) - (30:00/35:00) Set the mood; last track of previous block - Next 2
Play those two tracks, which setup the tempo and feel for the spotlight artist

(30:00/35:00) - (50:00 - 54:00) Spotlight artist
Announce spotlight artist, and the tracks of his/hers/theirs we will be playing. Using quality tracks from the spotlight artist, we mix them to expose people to a good selection of someone who has done well in the community of Dance/Trance/Progressive (EDM) music.

(50:00 - 54:00) - 60:00 Outro/Classic track
Outro message, thanks, etc, name our classic track of the week, and let that play till the end.

Its as structured as it can be considering we have to work with tracks between 6-10 minutes in length. It may be hard for you to fill a full hour timeslot each week with Na'vi related info. Perhaps not at first, but eventually you will catch up with events in the community, and you could have trouble filling it then. Were you thinking a weekly or bi-weekly podcast? whenever its done? :P Anyways, im gonna cut this wall of text here.

Sorry this took so long to get back to (work, work, work). This is exactly what I am after. I had some evil plans to conclude for Tìng's birthday, but now that those have concluded, I am working on this. In fact, I am hoping to find some voice talent (just people to record fun bits) this week. We lost one of our founding cast members; and that hit me with depression for a few days, although he may return later--or not. So this was a crippling blow, and then there is the communications issue.

I may have this plotted out and we can hopefully record this/next week. I want to get going on this, as I am not one to drag out projects. I am unconcerned about how the first few trial runs will go, as we will find out what we need to find out during those. I have no doubts that they will be unlistenable, but fun. I was hoping to have a first episode released by now--but life is anything but predictable, so we will just keep on keepin' on, and get this right. Once the first episode or two is done, I will set up a simple page on radioavatar.com and navipodcast.com.

In the meantime, I guess it is one day at a time.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

warmo161

if it would we a live radio feed, you could play the soundtrack!
anyways. if it was live, you could link the feed up to the teamspeak server or talk to people, maybe also though skype and the irc

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: warmo161 on February 20, 2010, 10:30:04 AM
if it would we a live radio feed, you could play the soundtrack!
anyways. if it was live, you could link the feed up to the teamspeak server or talk to people, maybe also though skype and the irc

Live would be nice, but I believe that Kaltxì Empress Tìng! It's too bad we don't have more mods like her! She's my favorite person here! has to put it together, enhancing the audio and stuff. If it were possible, however, then he'd still have to put it in download format (which still wouldn't be a problem). I don't want to making predictions that I don't know for sure are correct. Maybe he'll give you a better explanation the next time he's on.
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

We're still throwing ideas around, but I don't think we'll be doing live. We'll be discussing amongst ourselves over skype and who ever our guest is, and also have a few planned segments through out the show. Maybe after we've been doing the show for a while and are a bit more confident we'll do more live shows, but let us get our sea legs first!
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on February 20, 2010, 06:20:31 PM
We're still throwing ideas around, but I don't think we'll be doing live. We'll be discussing amongst ourselves over skype and who ever our guest is, and also have a few planned segments through out the show. Maybe after we've been doing the show for a while and are a bit more confident we'll do more live shows, but let us get our sea legs first!

Oh, sorry  :-[. I didn't mention your name in the people who might reply.

My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Hawnu-yu Eywa-yä on February 20, 2010, 07:02:26 PM

Sure you did. (You owe me a pizza for saving your butt! :) )

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 20, 2010, 08:13:55 PM
Quote from: Hawnu-yu Eywa-yä on February 20, 2010, 07:02:26 PM

Sure you did. (You owe me a pizza for saving your butt! :) )

Yes! I missed that! Thank you for reminding me  :)

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 19, 2010, 03:44:58 AM
...I am hoping to find some voice talent (just people to record fun bits) this week....

Still looking for voice talent?  Perhaps audition tapes are in order?

I'd audition if you needed someone from the community.  I love doing voice and acting work!

Rain

I'd like to know where I can download these...
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Rain on February 21, 2010, 01:51:02 AM
I'd like to know where I can download these...

They aren't out yet, or near completetion. When they are out, you can download them from multiple sites specified by Kaltxì once the time comes

Rain

"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Don't worry, we'll make it easy for everyone to get a hold of them once we actually get them out!

Oh, btw, I approve of the message change from earlier. Empress Tíng...I like the sound of that. Heh...*goes power mad*
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

kintìomum

Oh noes! We created a monster!
:D
Gotta get my stuff sorted to do something for the podcast...
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

I plan to do some test recording this week once I stop sounding like a sick creature.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

kintìomum

Damn, I'm pretty much always sounding somewhat sick, my cold and me made a pact to never abandon each other!
(I've done some test recordings. NEVER use your mobile for it, even if you've got the time since you're burning dinosaurs driving through the country.)
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Eaite Randjam on February 21, 2010, 12:27:09 AM
Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 19, 2010, 03:44:58 AM
...I am hoping to find some voice talent (just people to record fun bits) this week....

Still looking for voice talent?  Perhaps audition tapes are in order?

I'd audition if you needed someone from the community.  I love doing voice and acting work!

Yes--in fact, we hit another snag (sorry). Due to the Windows crash in January, I have had to download and install a TON of new software. I have cellular internet (5 GB monthly limit) which I am officially over, and now pay 20 cents per meg, so for the next 2 weeks all (except scant exceptions) of my internet will be at Starbucks. So no "podcast release dates" until mid-March. I will not rush this just to get "something out."

However, while I am at Starbucks I will be checking and posting on the forums, and bleeding their bandwith dry soaking up all of the public domain content I find useful to enhance the show (you will understand later). For the next two weeks we will all be working behind the scenes to make this podcast come together nicely. It's not like we are taking the time off ;)

And yes: voice actors are welcome. We have bits to record. Please email audition data or questions to me directly: [email protected]. Be sure to PM me here as well, as I am here far more than I am ever checking email anyway.

Tefpakyu

Really great Idea, this pod-cast. I can't wait until it's on the air.
Txur'Itan, I'm pretty sure you're obsessed with that word ;)

-Tefpakyu-